Stuart Cove & Carnival Valor

LittleWillis

We are leaving on the Carnival Valor on February 25 (YAHOO Only 14 days), and would like to ATTEMPT to do the AM snorkel with Stuart Cove. With the ship getting in @ 7 AM, I would think that making it to the bus by 8:15 SHOULD be fine, but I am worried about getting the 1 o'clock buses heading back to the pier, and trying to be on the ship before a 2 PM departure. Has anyone on the Valor/Eastern Car made it on this trip?? I am hoping that it is do-able. If not, does anyone else have any reccomendations for snorkeling, that is easily attainable with that time frame.

Thanks in advance.

Little Willis

If I recall it's about a 30 minute bus ride from Stuarts back to the pier, I think you would be cutting it awfully close if you have to be on the ship by 2:00 (and is that when you have to be on the ship or is that when the ship sets sail?).

Little Willis,

We are going on the elation on 22nd Feb and we inquired about Sturat's Cove..they told us that if our ship leaves at 2pm they won't even book us b/c they can't guarantee we will get back in time.

DW and I did the Valor last April on the Eastern Carib. route, and because of the short time in Nassau, just walked around town for a while, and also went to the Fish Fry at Arawak Cay. I just couldn't justify booking an excursion with so little time in Nassau, especially given we wanted to have time to see the town also.

Even with that, we ended up booking the Sensation to Freeport and an overnight in Nassau because the Valor stop was so brief.

Some may say that Nassau is dirty, dangerous, etc, etc... but, frankly I like to try and go native as much as possible when visiting ports. And, there are plenty of cities in America that are no different.

Archived