What time can we expect to board "Freedom" ?

When we sailed on the Navigator in 2005, we arrived around 11:30 a.m., and were on the ship within 45 minutes. I'm reading that Freedom won't let anyone on until 1:00 or 2:00 p.m. Is that true? Just wondering how we should plan. In 2005, we really enjoyed getting on the ship early and having the afternoon to explore. We were hoping to do the same this time.

I've noticed a pattern amongst the more experienced cruisers who post here; they show up early at the pier. We did the same a couple months ago on Explorer (which was docked beside Freedom). Info said don't show up before 2PM or we might wind up sitting on our luggage in the street (or words to that effect) but we rolled the dice and boarded at 12:15PM very quickly.

Lovely lunch at Windjammer, pleasant stroll around empty decks...well worth it, and we'll do it again on Liberty Dec '07.

Happy Cruising,

Alan

Just back. We arrived at 12:15, went straight in and were on in 15 min. Not so for disembarking....long and slow, over an hour.

Group of 8 of us arrived at 12:30 and were on in less than 15 minutes also.

We had an early color and we were off in about 30 minutes from heading for gangway until backs were at AA service at dock. My DS and his wife were not so lucky, they did not get out until after 11:15, soemthing was really holding up the lines. I am sure this impacted getting next guests on.

Archived