Golden Princess Mini-Suite

#1 IslandGirl

I've just booked the Golden Princess for the 11/21 sailing. This is my second cruise ever, and my first mini-suite. ;) First time was a 10 day Southerm Carribean and we had a regular balcony room and it felt VERY small. I'm looking forward to the extra space!

We are assigned Cat AC on the Dolphin deck. Is there a difference in the Mini- suites or are they all pretty much the same? Is there a preferred deck?

My BF is a Platinum circle member. Is there a chance we could be upgraded?

Thank you in advance!

Kelly

They are all the same size..only difference between AC and AB and AA is the location AA mid ship , AB less mid ship and AC AFt or Forw....and yes very good odds if he's a Platinum to get that upgrade just make sure your booking is noted for upgrade....enjoy!

I've just booked the Golden Princess for the 11/21 sailing. This is my second cruise ever, and my first mini-suite. ;) First time was a 10 day Southerm Carribean and we had a regular balcony room and it felt VERY small. I'm looking forward to the extra space!

We are assigned Cat AC on the Dolphin deck. Is there a difference in the Mini- suites or are they all pretty much the same? Is there a preferred deck?

Thank you in advance!

Kelly

We had an AC Mini on the Golden last March and though it was just wonderful. One thing that comes up alot about these Dolphin mini's is that they are not covered at all on the balcony.

This was not a problem for us but I can see how if it rained it might be. Late at night I would get sprayed by the crew hosing off the deck above too but I probably had no business being out there at 3am either.

I love that view though!

I don't know if being Platinum gets you upgrades but I think its a dang good question that I'd like to hear an answer for too

Kelly,

I'm sailing the Caribbean Princess on 11/27. We booked an AC mini-suite guarantee. We just got our cabin assignment and we were upgraded to AA category, which got us to mid-ship.

We're Gold Circle members (3rd Princess cruise), so hopefully with the Platinum, you may be visited by the upgrade fairy as well. :)

Chris, thanks for letting me know that they could be hosing off the decks above us at 3 AM, as I like to wander around in the middle of the night too! :rolleyes:

Happy sailing!

Diane :cool:

My husband and I just booked the Golden for the 11/28 cruise. We booked at AA mini. The prices were outstanding for this cruise......we just couldn't pass it up.

Seems to me there may be a slight difference among the mini's. Some accomodate 4 people and some only 3 for some reason.

I'm thinking some (I think all AA's) do not have a drop down berth and the cieling lighting may be therefore different. Not sure about this though. I do know the farthest aft cabins are handicapped and have a very different (not as nice) interior but a larger balcony.

Thank you in advance!

Kelly

We have been booked on the 11/21 Golden cruise since January. Princess rep told me a few weeks ago that this cruise is sold out so I would imagine an upgrade would be pretty iffy at this point. We are in AB mini's on the Dolphin deck.

-jon-

If you had the choice between an AB Gty Golden mini or a BB aft balcony, which would you chose?

Is the Golden mini comparable to the Sun mini. Many people mention how special the Sun class mini is and when I saw it I would very much agree. Will I be disappointed in the Golden mini?

I'm booked in an AC mini for the July 05 British Isles cruise. I have two questions:

1. If the balcony isn't covered, is there some kind of shade provided or is it totally open to the sky?

2. Do any of the other minis have covered balconies or are they all like that? It looked like the ADs on Emerald might be covered, but I want to be closer to midship and not located under a non-cabin deck.

Thanks.

I am an early riser, and a runner. When I awake at 5 a.m. and take a stroll on the promenade deck, I have seen the crew hosing the deck down, and it can be slippery.

For the AC category, our friends take this category and really like it. They do not mind the exposure from above because as they have stated to us, when they have turned around and looked up, it was only a handful of folks looking down (unless while in port and the ship is docking/disembarking.) ;)

What a perfect topic for us. We are also in an AC mini on the Dolphin deck. We always book a regular balcony cabin on a higher deck so I hope we'll be happy with this one. The main reason we booked a mini was that it had a couch which we like to have. Princess does not have them in their cabins unless you get a suite of some kind. Our other cruises on other lines have couches in the regular balcony cabins.

We are going on the Golden on 11/7/04. It will be our 2nd Princess cruise. Our 1st was on the Sun a few years ago. We do like the 24 hour buffet even though we're not up in the middle of the nite!

We're looking forward to trying a mini this time. It should be very nice.

Gail

Archived