catamaran tours

mlruss

There will be four of us on a cruise February 25th on NCL. I've heard horror stories about catamarin tours. Is the one offered by NCL good? :) Or is it crowded with no shade or place to sit? :(

Not sure which catamran tour NCL offers, but we just got back from our Carnival Destiny tour and booked with Carnival their sea tour around the whole island on the Excellence Catamran tour. It was absolutely a fabulous tour.

The catamaran is two story and never felt crowded. We went around the whole island and stopped at Green Island for about two hours. We had a guided snorkeling trip right from the beach at Green Island and it was wonderful. We then ate a delicious lunch on board, you can choose either fish or chicken. My husband and I both had fish and it was delicious!!

There was an open bar the whole time and the tour was narrated very well and the tour took over 6 hours. We paid $99 each and well worth the money.

The beaches and island we saw from the catamran were awesome. We also cruised into Nelson's Dockyard where we got lots of info on its history ~ Els

Thanks for the information about the Excellence. I am also thinking about booking this tour when we sail the Destiny in June. Could you tell me more about what Green Island was like and what kind of drinks or beer did the open bar consist of? Oh and one more question, what time did the tour start and end? Thanks!

Thanks for the information about the Excellence. I am also thinking about booking this tour when we sail the Destiny in June. Could you tell me more about what Green Island was like and what kind of drinks or beer did the open bar consist of? Oh and one more question, what time did the tour start and end? Thanks!

Green Island is an uninhabited island just off the east coast of Antigua. We stopped at a beautiful white pristine beach and the snorkeling was wonderful. They provided the masks and fins and gave novice snorkelers instructions on how to use the masks etc.

I drank local beer which was delicious (forgot the name :o( though. We always drink the local beers ..Kubuli is Dominica was my DH favorite..mine too..but I like the Piton beer in St. Lucia..it bit more stout (I am Dutch) Ha!

There were fruit juices and rum drinks and red and white wine was served at lunch.

The tour was 6+ hours and we left at 10:30 I believe ~ Els

• 2 weeks later...

We are thinking of doing the Excellence in April with our two kids (7 & 10). Do you think this excursion is kid friendly? Is there enough beach/water time? Do they have kids life jackets and snorkel gear?

Archived