Spirit vs. Majesty cabin size

clm101798

I keep reading people's posts that say how tiny the cabins on the Spirit are. I am confused. I don't remember what catagory I had on the Dawn to compare room sizes to but the room I have on the Spirit is listed at 149 s.f.

When I was on the Majesty I had a Superior room and found it quite a comfortable size for the three of us. DD had plenty of room to play on the floor. The superior room is listed at 145 s.f. My sister and BF had a regular room. Now THAT was TINY! 108 s.f!

So from what I can see the room on the Spirit will be about the same size as the Superior cabin on the Majesty and I wouldn't call that tiny. Do the rooms on the Spirit measure bigger than they are/feel?

I keep reading people's posts that say how tiny the cabins on the Spirit are. I am confused. I don't remember what catagory I had on the Dawn to compare room sizes to but the room I have on the Spirit is listed at 149 s.f.

When I was on the Majesty I had a Superior room and found it quite a comfortable size for the three of us. DD had plenty of room to play on the floor. The superior room is listed at 145 s.f. My sister and BF had a regular room. Now THAT was TINY! 108 s.f!

So from what I can see the room on the Spirit will be about the same size as the Superior cabin on the Majesty and I wouldn't call that tiny. Do the rooms on the Spirit measure bigger than they are/feel?

We are a family of 4 and have been on the Majesty 2 times ( cat. DD, Deck 4, Superior Ocean View, 145 sq. feet) and the Spirit once (Cat. KK, inside deck 5, 149 sq. feet).

We thought the rooms of the Majesty were better for us (2 upper and 2 lower while the Spirit was 3 lower and 1 upper). It may have just been that extra bed in the middle of the floor taking up all the floor space. We also went from an an outside cabin to an inside. We did look in the outside cabins and they seemed similar to the Majesty.

If you do not have 4 in your cabin, the Spirit cabins probably will seem similar to the Majesty. It felt as though the Spirit cabin was longer (more narrow) than the Majesty.

Although, The bathroom on the Spirit was bigger, especially the shower and it had a sliding door instead of the curtain.

Standard cabin sizes for different NCL ships, Superior and Deluxe cabins are larger than Standard cabins.

Spirit

IS 149 sq.ft.

OV 157 sq.ft

B 161 sq.ft. with 40 sq.ft. balcony

Sun

IS 147 sq.ft.

OV 160 sq.ft.

B 173 sq.ft with 48 sq.ft. balcony

Star-Dawn-Jewel-Pride of Hawaii-Pearl-Gem

IS 141 sq.ft.

OV 164 sq.ft.

B 164 sq.ft. with 40 sq.ft. balcony

Pride of Aloha

IS 121 sq.ft.

OV 149 sq.ft.

B 154 sq.ft. with 48 sq.ft. balcony

Pride of America

IS 132 sq.ft.

OV 144 sq.ft.

B 178 sq.ft. with 40 sq.ft. balcony

Dream-Wind

IS 144 sq.ft.

OV 152 sq.ft.

B 136 sq.ft. with 40 sq.ft. balcony

Majesty

IS 108 sq.ft.

OV 145 sq.ft.

Crown

IS 160 sq.ft.

OV 165 sq.ft.

As you can see, one size doesn't fit all. In some cabins, the Spirit fares well, in others it doesn't. But that can be said for every NCL ship.

Archived