Requesting a crib

srm2141

We are taking our 4 kids on RCI Vision of the Seas next week. We have requested a crib for our 2 year old. Has anyone had any problems with crib requests? Do they ever run out of cribs if you requested one in advance? Just wondering if I should bring my own pack n play instead.

• 3 weeks later...

As long as it is reserved in advance there should be one available for those who requested it. Confirm with your travel agent that the request was made.

Royal Caribbean provides Pack and Play's for use onboard. Pack and Play's are similar to a playpen. Cribs are no longer provided.

Pack and Play's specifics:

For use by children unable to climb out, less than 24" tall, and less than 30 lbs. Mesh on four sides Sets up in less than one minute Strong and stable, yet lightweight Approx. dimensions 28"W x 38 7/8"L x 31-1/4"H Mattress/pad is 1" thick Sheets are provided Folds for storage and includes carrying bag with handle

Pack and Play's should be reserved in advance so that we are sure we have enough onboard.

We ordered a crib. It even showed up on our reservation.

It was not there when we arrived. I didn't notice until relatively late, at which point they said they could come "install" the crib (not a pack n play, but an actual crib...) and I told them to forget it and let the baby sleep in her peapod (kidco peapod, best bed investment I've made to date) that night. They brought a Pack N Play the next day and we used it only during the daytime to keep her from dismantling the room.

But for sleep, we would fold up the pack n play and open up her tent (sets up almost instantly, the air mattress takes about a minute to inflate) and because of how it zips shut, she was VERY confined in it (and slept soundly through the night all but one night.)

Archived