Kids in February

R&K in NC

My niece (she is 10) is worried that there will be no kids her age on the cruise. They just got back from Disney and she had a blast. She is worried that there will be know kids on Carnival Glory in February. I have sailed during this time but really did not notice kids.

Your help would be great.

I'm not sure if u are sailing this Feb. or in '08, but one thing we did was sign into the Roll Call for the ship and cruiseline we were sailing on. My DD was also 10 at the time and was very apprehensive about being 'the only kid' with our group. I chatted on the forum with a few ppl who were going and found they too had children. She made friends with one litttle girl her age through email and talked twice a week. When we got onboard, we had planned a meeting spot. From there it was history....they were together the entire cruise. She still asks about her friend she made here and aboard. I'd give it a try, if u still have time.;)

We sailed on the Glory last Feb (going again next month!) and there were plenty of kids. Sign her up for Camp Carnival .... she'll have a blast.

We are taking our 12 & 13 year olds next month for their first cruise.

Our Dgranddaughter, 10 years old, was with us last week on the Valor. Her parents signed her up at Camp Carnival right away. She made friends with 10 and 11 year old sisters who live in the next suburb from her in MN. It truly is a very small world. She had fun. Made a "Build a Bear" dog, sand art, candy art, etc. She left dinner one night while we were eating to go to Camp Carnival for some activity. She had fun and there seemed to be quite a few kids on board. Nothing like summer, I'm sure.

We were on the Elation last week, and there weren't as many kids as there are at spring break times, but there were kids on there. Ours (11 & 13) didn't do Camp Carnival or anything, as they actually enjoy hanging out with us (!), but I'm guessing that if they did, there would likely have been kids there for them to hang with. I wouldn't worry about it too much. :) I'm sure your niece will have a great time.

We are actually going in 2008. I was originally looking at Valentine week but thought that we may have mostly couples. We are looking at doing the Western. We were going to go on the Legend out of Tampa but since this cruise goes from Saturday to Saturday it worked better with the kids schedule.

We just got off the Glory last Saturday and there were kids on the ship. Not a whole lot but then we are used to cruising at Thanksgiving or right before Christmas when there are usually 800-900+ kids on board so on this cruise it was very light but we did see all ages on the ship. TG23

We haven't been on the Glory, but we've been on a number of Carnival ships, mostly in February. There are always tons of kids during the Presidents Week vacation (next week). My son, who is 11 now, always finds a ton of kids to hang out with. Go to Camp Carnival on the first night and have her pick the activities she wants to go to during the week. She'll make lots of friends (if she wants to).

Archived