Nassau Shore Excursions

macnjac

:confused:Help! My husband and I are traveling with a 12 yr. old girl and 6 yr. old boy and are trying to decide on excursions. Has anyone taken the zoo/botanical gardens tour w/ flamingo show? If so how was it and how does it compare to Atlantis? I also read somewhere on here that you can see the Atlantis Dig for free. Does anyone know how this works? We sail this weekend Feb. 18th so any help you can give us is much appreciated!:cool:

We just got off the Glory and although we did not do that tour, we saw the video on the TV and it looked like a lot of fun. We saw the flamingos. We did the Historical City Tour and enjoyed it very much. We saw the Atlantis from the pier but did not go there. Just from watching the video on TV and seeing how much fun everyone was having, I think you all would enjoy the zoo tour. Have fun. TG23

If your kids like critters, definitely go to the Ardastra Gardens. We were just there last week and loved it! Small zoo. You can get right up close to the animals. Depending on how much you gawk, you can get through it in an hour or two or you can spend all day there. If you go, definitely don't miss the flamingo show or the lory parrot feedings. :)

The water at Nassau was way too cold to swim in last week, so at least definitely plan on something land-based. I heard Atlantis is great, but we didn't go there. We actually like smaller, less resort-y places, and Ardastra was just perfect for us and our animal-loving kids, 11 & 13... We just took a cab there. Didn't do the ship tour, which was combined with a city tour. We weren't interested in the city, just the critters. :)

My 12 yr old daughter and I went to Ardastra the first week of Feb. and really enjoyed it. It's not a huge place but the birds are beautiful and they have some other interesting animals. We especially enjoyed the close up interaction with the flamingos. We've never been around them before so that was a treat for both of us. Good luck with your decision!

Cheryl

Archived