Cabin help Emerald

luckiest1

My DH, I and another couple are on the Emreald on the Dec 16th cruise and I know that it is set up exactly the same as the Crown. Currently we are booked into a mid-ship mini-suite on the Dolphin deck and our friends are in a mid-ship balcony on the Aloha deck. My TA at cruisetocompete.com told us upon booking the mini that in addition to the full size bath, larger balcony and seperate seating area, that we would also get the Thermal suite usage, laundry/dry cleaning and DVD usage etc. Of course now I realize that those extra perks will not be included. My question is now, I have requested a quote for a full suite and have gotten a quote for $25.00 less for a AC and even less for a AE. My question is, what should I do? I havn't spoken to the TA yet (she wasn't in when I called today), should I take the AC or AE full suite? I can't find anything on this board on these (and Princess's site seems to show the AC as a mini), and what about the TA giving me the wrong info? Should I ask for some sort of compensation, has anyone experienced anything like this? I'm thinking about changing us to a caribe balcony and forgetting about a suite all together. This will be our first Princess and our first balcony. This board is awesome, thank you for all of the great info!

My DH, I and another couple are on the Emreald on the Dec 16th cruise and I know that it is set up exactly the same as the Crown. Currently we are booked into a mid-ship mini-suite on the Dolphin deck and our friends are in a mid-ship balcony on the Aloha deck. My TA at cruisetocompete.com told us upon booking the mini that in addition to the full size bath, larger balcony and seperate seating area, that we would also get the Thermal suite usage, laundry/dry cleaning and DVD usage etc. Of course now I realize that those extra perks will not be included. My question is now, I have requested a quote for a full suite and have gotten a quote for $25.00 less for a AC and even less for a AE. My question is, what should I do? I havn't spoken to the TA yet (she wasn't in when I called today), should I take the AC or AE full suite? I can't find anything on this board on these (and Princess's site seems to show the AC as a mini), and what about the TA giving me the wrong info? Should I ask for some sort of compensation, has anyone experienced anything like this? I'm thinking about changing us to a caribe balcony and forgetting about a suite all together. This will be our first Princess and our first balcony. This board is awesome, thank you for all of the great info!

First of all AA, AB, AC, AD, AE are all mini suites and they aren't Full suites

Full suites are Cat VS, PS, OS.

Couple of questions - first of all do you have a AA or AB mini booked right now? AA is a midship mini and you will feel less motion in the mid ship area then you would in the aft or the front (usually an AC mini) the rocking doesn't bug us and we love the aft so we book AC minis.

If there is only a $25.00 difference between a AA mini and a AC mini then I would stay with a AA mini - you never know you may get lucky and get bumped up to a full suite.

Also, people make mistakes, if you want a full service TA then find someone local, if you want to use *****.com just understand these people are in for mass bookings and you really need to do your own research. I am dealing with a bonehead TA as we speak that I spelled everything out for him and he still messed me up - Sometimes it just doesn't pay to use *****.com

We have an AB (D603). My recent quote request to *****.com(after I figured out that the extra perks wouldn't be for the mini), was for a full suite and they came back with the AC and AE quotes. I didn't really think they were full suites based on what I saw on Princess's deck plan, maybe I need to write exactly what I am looking for in there "comments" section. As far as the TA, I don't think she was tryng to mislead me, I think she did just get it wrong. Is the extra $650 we will be spending worth it for the mini we have booked, or would a caribe with the extra balcony room be nice? My DH is a big guy and I thought it might be nice to have the larger bathroom, and the seating area to hang out in and the extra perks I thought were included sealed it. Are you suggesting that we try to get a AA if it's just $25 more than we have already committed to pay?

We'll be disembarking the day you embark. I had a similar situation with the same online company for our last cruise. We were promised OBC which we never saw in addition, the TA tried to tell me the balcony on the AD mini would be larger than the others when I knew they would be smaller. You also need to beware, there are fees involved if you make changes that our TA didn't share at the time of booking. Found out when we received our confirmation. As for your room type, we usually book mini's and love the extra room. We are booked in our first full suite for our cruise on the Emerald and can't wait. We love the Thermal Suite and are looking forward to all the perks that come with the suite.

Wow, thank you for the info flvol77 and mycruz. I will deffinately be aware of the change fee, I did not know, nor was I told by my TA that any such fees would apply. I will probably keep the mini, any info on the cabin we have selected? Is the AB location good? I am very excited about the cruise! Thanks

We have an AB (D603). My recent quote request to *****.com(after I figured out that the extra perks wouldn't be for the mini), was for a full suite and they came back with the AC and AE quotes. I didn't really think they were full suites based on what I saw on Princess's deck plan, maybe I need to write exactly what I am looking for in there "comments" section. As far as the TA, I don't think she was tryng to mislead me, I think she did just get it wrong. Is the extra $650 we will be spending worth it for the mini we have booked, or would a caribe with the extra balcony room be nice? My DH is a big guy and I thought it might be nice to have the larger bathroom, and the seating area to hang out in and the extra perks I thought were included sealed it. Are you suggesting that we try to get a AA if it's just $25 more than we have already committed to pay?

No - When you said mid ship I thought you had a AA Mini not an AB mini

IMO you need to write what you are looking for in the comments area of *****.com -

I have a website that is almost upbeatable when it comes to Princess pricing - so I receive a quote from them and then put it in my comments section of CC - I have had their (the online TA) price beat once and that was yesterday.

Couple of things on a caribe balcony vs a Mini -

Caribe Balcony from my research is 9x9.10 Mini is around 9x7

Dolphin Deck minis are full uncovered - caribe is half covered and half open.

Balcony room on caribe is about 50sq ft small than a mini (just the room, not including the balcony)

$650 is a big difference - That is why we booked an Aft Balcony vs a Mini Suite - I just couldn't see spending the extra money for a couch, an extra TV, and a bath tub that we never use.

After a lot of investigating..I would suggest any caribe with balcony,or go for an aft room(the balconies are bigger,but watch out for the rooms with beam obstructions) The suites sound great..but for your first cruise, perhaps save your bucks for excursions,drinks purchases..etc...

I decided to book the caribe deck. We got a aft balcony. It is done, and I think, as Jayz suggested, that we will be just fine and we can use the extra $672 savings to buy drinks! Can't wait! Thanks again for all the great info.

Archived