Belize – Zip lining and cave tubing with Nacho and Cynthia

geeks3

I’m sure there are many companies in Belize for the ziplining and cave-tubing tour, but I can recommend going with Nacho and Cynthia based on our experience in early Feb. 2007. As luck would have it, we ended up with just the 3 of us on the tour which made the tour feel very personalized.

We took the first open tender off the Norwegian Sun. I was very worried that since we weren’t on a cruise ship tour with 3 cruise ships in port that we were going to end up in long lines and maybe miss some things (or our boat), but it all worked out just fine thanks to Nacho and Cynthia.

When we got off our boat, we ended up meeting up with Dennis (from another tour company) because Nacho had already taken an earlier group out to the zip lines. Dennis was very fun and knowledgeable and we had a good ride out to the Jaguar Paw. I appreciate the fact that Nacho didn’t make the previous group wait for us (which I know can be very frustrating). Nacho was waiting for us when we got to the Jaguar Paw and we were quickly on our way through the zip lines.

Personally I am terrified of heights, but the way the zip lines are set up, plus the security measures they take made me very comfortable. At the end I was ready to do it again.

Just a short drive over a hill took us to the cave tubing. I felt almost bad since the people on the cruise boat tours had to hike over the hill in the heat since the road was too small for their huge tour bus. A guide from the resort and the three of us got our inner tubes and hiked a while to the starting point. The guide explained about the resort and the vegetation. The caves were relaxing and my husband even saw a bat.

We went to the Jaguar Paws Resort for a nice lunch with Cynthia. Afterwards, we went out to the butterfly hatchery on the resort. The guide told us all about the different kind of butterflies and showed us their eggs, explaining the differences in color. I wish I had my camera as one of the butterflies rode around on my son’s hat for quite a while.

Cynthia dropped us off at a little market near the cruise terminal (but cheaper than at the docks). They even gave us two shot glasses to remember them by. And we will…

Recommendation: Take off rings and leave them on the cruise ship. The water is very cold which means the chances are high that your fingers will shrink. The good news is that even if you don’t, the van is locked and someone stays near it so you can leave it there.

nacho_cynthia@yahoo.com

http://www.ncqadventuretours.com

Archived