Gibbs Cay Beach and stingray adventure

tang-bailey

Has anyone done this? Can anyone provide comments on what you liked and didn't like.

I'm trying to decide on which snorkle adventure to do. There is another one that is called the reef and rays and I read a couple of people's comments on that one so now i'm wondering about this one.

Any info would be great.

Hi,

I haven't done the Gibbs Cay stingray adventure, but I would love to! It sounds amazing.. I asked the same question on the Turks and Caicos trip advisor forum, so I'll let you know if I get any responses.. :)

cody

The Gibbs Cay Stingray adventure was fun. It was a short boat ride on the back side of the island to a small island. My wife and I were on the Elation last week and we went on the excursion. We stood in about 2 feet of water and fed the stingrays then the instructor let us hold one after he picked it up out of the water. We snorkeled off the same beach in about 8-10 feet of water. There was some coral but not much, not many fish to see either. They did dive for a conch and show us how to open and allowed us to taste it if we wanted.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

I received a few responses on trip advisor. A couple people who had done the adventure said they liked it. One poster provided me with Oasisdivers.com as a contact for this adventure. She also said the cruise ships can coordinate one for you. It seems like the responses were pretty positive for the most part, but said in Gibbs Cay, the rays are fed in very shallow water, unlike the Cayman Stingray adventure where you swim with them. One poster said they recommended it and said they had a really good time and would try to do it again. It sounds like fun to me!! If you go, hope you have fun! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My DH and I did this excursion and we really like it. We did book this excursion through the ship (HAL). To me it was better than Grand Cayman because the water isn't so deep and you actually walk into the water from the beach (at least on our excursion). Gibbs Cay is really beautiful the beach was awesome and the water was so blue and clear. There are no facilities at all so be aware of that. It's a short boat ride (20 minutes) to the state park.

We are going back to Grand Turk this November on a cruise and we have booked this excursion again and are taking our 14 year old son with us. I'm not sure if there is an age requirement but I would think that a one year old could at least enjoy the water and beach.

Jodi

Archived