Dawn Princess room question

erni

We are booked on the Dawn Princess and I am a little concerned about the room size. We will be in room C305 which is an inside cabin ( the only balcony cabin they have is $5000 more). They told me that the cabin size is 213 sf, my husband is in a power wheelchair. On past cruises we have always been in rooms that were about 290+sf. Has anyone been in this cabin in a power chair? Did the room seem big enough for you. I just want to make sure in a power chair he is able to move around without hitting into things with every turn. Anyone have any pictures? Help help would be great.

Thanks - Sue

We are booked on the Dawn Princess and I am a little concerned about the room size. We will be in room C305 which is an inside cabin ( the only balcony cabin they have is $5000 more). They told me that the cabin size is 213 sf, my husband is in a power wheelchair. On past cruises we have always been in rooms that were about 290+sf. Has anyone been in this cabin in a power chair? Did the room seem big enough for you. I just want to make sure in a power chair he is able to move around without hitting into things with every turn. Anyone have any pictures? Help help would be great.

Thanks - Sue

I was was in this cabin when I was on the Dawn Princess in 2002/2003. I use a scooter and there was room to turn. If you need or want more room have the Steward get rid of the chair You may have to separate the bed if your husband can not transfer easily so that there is more room on the side of the bed.

A small warning some of the doors have a steep ramp and he could get caught up. This is mainly if he wants to go out onto the Promanade through a side door. The doors are rather heavy but staff will help you anytime you want or need it.

Check where your table is in the Dining Room. There is a raised area which he can not access. This is if you have a stated time. If you have anytime then ask for the table near where you enter for easy of access.

I lost all my pics in a fire, sorry.

CaptData - thanks for your quick reply. I think I will just stop stressing out about the size of the room with the chair and we will just make do. We don't normally spend that much time in the room anyway.

I always check on our table for the dining room first thing, we do have a stated time. Thanks for the tip!

Sorry about the fire.

Sue

Archived