Sting Ray City/Snorkeling travel time - Please help!!

enchantingqueen

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forum and getting great ideas for excursions, but I have one question that I cannot seem to find the answer for- How long are the boat rides out to sting ray city and the snorkeling sites. Also, are the waters rough? The reason I am so concerned is because my boyfriend tends to get motion sickness (we learned this the hard way on a 40 minute boat ride to a snorkeling excursion on a previous cruise). Can anyone please offer some insight? If it helps any, I was planning on booking the excursion through Captain Marvin's. Sadly, Nativways does not do tours on Sundays which is a real disappointment because we realy wanted to do the Rays, Reef and Rum tour. I would greatly appreciate any info!

Thank you,

Sofie

You will meet the tour at the pier, it is about a 10 minute bus ride to the boat, then about 20 minutes to sting ray city, about 10 minutes to the reef and another 10 or 15 minutes to Rum Point. The water can get choppy.

If you wait until you get to the pier, there will be plenty of tour guides so if you don't find one ahead of time, don't worry.

PS, these times are estimates, i never really looked at my watch any of the 4 times i have done this excursion.

I think your estimates are a little short.

It's about 30 minutes from the dock to Stingray Sandbar. 10 minutes manuevering to the snorkel stop. 20 minutes from Sandbar to Rum Point. About 45 minutes from Rum Point to the original dock.

As anywhere, whether the seas are rough depends upon the wind direction and strength. Sometimes it's very smooth, sometimes it's not.

Archived