Really need help...

star10

My cousin lives in FL and is meeting us on the cruise this Saturday. She called last night to say that she can't find her passport anywhere. She just got her passport recently. And to top it off, she folded her birth certificate and put it inside the passport. She thinks she may have hidden it in her old address book that she threw out last week! (I know this sounds crazy... I don't know why she'd trash it) She said she hid it there because that would be the last place a robber would look. (first of all, why would a robber be looking for a passport?) But anyway....

We sail on Saturday! She was born in Rome, NY. She is calling there to see if there is anyway for them to overnight her birth certificate.

Has this happened to anybody? What did you do? Any ideas?

My cousin lives in FL and is meeting us on the cruise this Saturday. She called last night to say that she can't find her passport anywhere. She just got her passport recently. And to top it off, she folded her birth certificate and put it inside the passport. She thinks she may have hidden it in her old address book that she threw out last week! (I know this sounds crazy... I don't know why she'd trash it) She said she hid it there because that would be the last place a robber would look. (first of all, why would a robber be looking for a passport?) But anyway....

We sail on Saturday! She was born in Rome, NY. She is calling there to see if there is anyway for them to overnight her birth certificate.

WOW! The blizzard of 07 wont really help matters:eek: The offices might be closed today.

Some use this service http://www.vitalchek.com/?clicked=1

Good Luck..maybe you should keep her passport from now on.;)

A similar thing happened to a friend of mine. We are Canadians so I don't know if things are the same for US citizens, but he was able to get another passport in 24 hours if he had a ticket proving he was leaving the country. Of course there was an extra fee of about $70 to expedite this and I believe he had to get a few extra signatures from guarantors (right word?). Have her mention she has a ticket (proof) of leaving the country.

Welp, she called and said she found her old address book under her bed... but no passport. ??

I think she's getting too excited and needs to calm herself down and look again. So, now she doesn't think she threw it out.

She is usually so organized, and her home is like out of a magazine, everything in order.. clean. She must have too much stuff on her mind right now.

I feel so bad for her.

Bless her heart. This is definately a lesson here to the rest of us to always have a back up plan.

I think she already knows that if she will just sit down and take a deep breath...calm down and retrace her steps from the day she got her passport (since she got it recently)....she will have a better chance of finding it.

(Which of course is the hardest advice to follow...because the easiest thing to do is freak out!)

In the mean time, is there anyone out there that has ever boarded without either (perhaps with a completed Fun Pass)? Surely with all of us around here something similiar has happened. Does anyone ever know of Carnival (actually Customs) making an exception???

One of the places that issues passport is Miami. Don't know how far she is from Miami but after she calms down and searchs again if she still can't find it I would take 10 forms of ID and my cruise docs and head to the passport office in Miami and see about getting a replacement.

I had something very similar happen when I was in college. Two days before I was to leave to go to Italy, It was discovered my passport had gotten thrown away. I ended up flying to Miami in the middle of the night, put my luggage in a locker (Oh the days before 911) so I could be first in line at the passport agency when it opened. I was ushered into the agency and within an hour had a new in hand heading back to Tampa. Got back to Tampa checked my luggage and met my group at the gate as we were boarding got on the plane and collapesed.

Lesson learned never leave important documents just lying around even if you are packing.

Archived