Will My Love Ever Plan A Cruise For Me

I Read Some Of The Post And Wonder When Will It Be My Turn. I Am Over 40 Y.o. And Have Planned Every Vacation And Cruise For Me And My Family, Including My Husband. I Have Been Asking Him To Take Me On A Cruise, Seeing That I Have Taken Him On 4 I Don't Think This Is Too Much To Ask For. I'm Tearful To Think He May Never Take Me On A Cruise,by Planning It By Himself. ;)

Guest Time2gocruzn

I can tell you what I have learned in my short 5 years of marriage, if you want it done, and you want it done RIGHT, do it yourself. Maybe you can let him start with something simple, like taking you out to the nice supper club on board. I think sometimes they just get used to us taking care of everything, and sort of just assume if we want something, we will get it/buy it/plan it/take care of it ourselves. Sad but true. Sometimes you just really need to spell it out. Sit him down and say, here's the deal. I have planned all our vacations and I want you to do this for me, and here's why. I swear I have to practically spell it out, but it usually works. whatever you do, don't wait in silence, hoping he will read your mind, cuz it ain't gonna happen. Good luck! Hope you will be cruising soon!:)

I've been married for 20 yrs and my husband hasn't planned any of our vacations. I usually come up with the idea, ask him what he thinks, and then proceed myself.

Although I would like him to surprise me sometime in my lifetime, it is nice to hear him say "If it wasn't for my wife, I wouldn't have experienced 1/4 of what I have done". At least he appreciates what I do. :D

Honestly I could care less if DH plans the vacation. The planning is half the fun for me. I'd be disappointed if he took that pleasure away from me. He always says, he's just a salmon - whatever I want to do, he'll just follow behind me. I love that. Maybe you aren't having enough fun planning your trips. We aren't going until January and there isn't a day that goes by that I haven't checked Cruise Critic and a couple other sites. My DH does plenty of other wonderful things for me - him planning a vacation is very low on my want list. Have you asked him to plan a trip for you - maybe that's all it would take. Good luck!

For our fifteenth anniversary I told my DH to take me away. Anywhere, just you do all the planning.

You get the sitter make the reservations etc.....

Just tell me what to pack.

If you do go this root, you need to be happy with anything he does and don't critisize otherwise he will NEVER do it again.

By the way I had the best 48 hours since the kids were born. :eek: :D

Archived