Video/photos @ Cozumel

razarizvi

Hi All,

My wife and I are planning to do a discover scuba dive with EagleRayDivers in Cozumel. Being the first time, we would love to get high quality photos and preferably get a video of the dive. I would greatly appreciate help with a few questions...

- Does anyone know if EagleRayDivers takes pictures and video and if so how good are they? (I tried calling/emailing them but no response)

- Is there a good place I can rent a high quality camera in Cozumel?

- Is it advisable for newbies like myself trying out discover scuba for the first time to take pictures? Is it as hard to take pictures as some say?

Thanks again.

Raza

As a discover diver, assuming you have no experience, I'd probably skip the camera... It's not as tricky as some say, but the first time diving, you may be a little task loaded to take pictures...

Eagle Ray might take them for you, give them a little time on the email it's a little more laid back in regards to email down there, but they'll get back to you...

As a discover diver, assuming you have no experience, I'd probably skip the camera... It's not as tricky as some say, but the first time diving, you may be a little task loaded to take pictures...

Eagle Ray might take them for you, give them a little time on the email it's a little more laid back in regards to email down there, but they'll get back to you...

thank you for sharing your fantastic photos!!...and thanks for your continued posting and sharing your knowledge on our CC boards

@booth22, thanks for the advice and great photos. Can you pls let me know what camera you used for those pics? I called EagleRayDivers and they said they can get a professional to take our video/photos for $150. Sounds a bit on the high side but it seems like its worth it.

Someone else recommended a professional photographer named adolfo mendez who works in Cozumel. He charges about $150-$175. Since the pictures are for an article that my wife is doing for a widely circulated magazine, I am left with no choice but to shell out the dough. I'll probably go with adolfo as his sample photos are amazing.

We went out with Eagle Ray Divers last time in Cozumel. We were with a wonderful gentleman who goes by Fish. He was very kind and took my camera from me and took a number of pictures.

Fish knows the Palancar Reef like the back of his hand! He knew right where to look for great stuff! We saw a nurse shark, 2 barracudas, a ray, many many fish and great coral!

You will have a BLAST!!!

Thanks for the compliments... my pics are all from a Canon A620 in a Canon housing. Nothing fancy, and you can probably put it together for around $400. I just set the white balance and don't worry about a strobe (or two) for most of the warm water diving. You'll have a blast in Coz!

Archived