brazilian wax

goldpenny

i got a brazillian for my cruise last year at some cheap nail salon.. got it the day before i went. it was probably the most pain ive ever been in-worse than any piercing, tattoo, sunburn. etc. but anyways. if i wwent to a nicer salon it prob woudlnt of hurt as bad bc nicer salons use better wax. it was sore the first 24 hours. but no bumps, redness, ingrown hairs. it was SO nice not having to worry about that area the whole time! this year, im going to a salon that was rated top waxing salon in baltimore....so this year should go better than last :)

Ladies, as a guy I feel for your pain and feel obligated to provide my opinion as a guy. Don't do it...the pain is not worth it at least from a guy's perspective. I understand your desire and need to look neat so get triimmed or if you must use a razor....make an event out of it if you want and ask your husband or boyfriend to assist...but don't go through that hell at the waxing parlor...it is not worth it! I can tell you as a guy, I would never ever consider doing that to myself nor asking my woman to do it for me.

Happy Cruising!:cool:

You are a gem..my bf loves it and loves to go with me (when he's around that is!)..but your opinion was refreshing! :) Menina

Ladies, as a guy I feel for your pain and feel obligated to provide my opinion as a guy. Don't do it...the pain is not worth it at least from a guy's perspective. I understand your desire and need to look neat so get triimmed or if you must use a razor....make an event out of it if you want and ask your husband or boyfriend to assist...but don't go through that hell at the waxing parlor...it is not worth it! I can tell you as a guy, I would never ever consider doing that to myself nor asking my woman to do it for me.

Happy Cruising!:cool:

I love Mark now.

My bf has never asked for one, thankfully. I can't even handle regular waxing! I tried it once on myself and managed to rip one strip off. No way can I go thru that for the whole bikini area, let alone a brazilian :eek:!

Nope..honey just has to deal with my razoring!

All guys are different just as all women are different in what they like and do not like. I personally find that a woman with the Brazilian look does nothing for me and might even be a turnoff. I also don't think a woman should have to go through anything that a guy is not willing to do as far as personal grooming and I for one will not think of having a Brazilian...I am just providing my opinion as a typical guy and hope your ladies appreciate it!:cool:

Sorry., I can't help myself here after coming across this thread..I don't know if that would be the response of a "typical guy". I think a typical guy says hey if she want's to go through with it I'm all for it.

Go ahead flame on...I can take it :-)

Ok I can't resist either...........No way in Hell I would go thru haveing that very sensitive area WAXED! No Way!!!! I'll trim and shave and keep everything neat but you can just forget it...I'm with Mark if my guy is willing then maybe I will too.....but we all know a guy won't!

Just my 2 cents:)

MAO

• 4 months later...
I get Brazilians done regularly- I like the "cleaness" of the look, and my husband loves it.

The woman that does the waxing is great, and really doesn't hurt much. I think it's well worth the $$ spent!

Betsy

Where do you get yours done at?

Chris:

I get my done at a salon/spa. The room where she does the waxing has aromatherapy candles burning, soft music, and soft lighting. I get almost everything waxed except a small "landing strip." I love it- and lasts so long. I would NEVER go back to shaving again.

Betsy

I'm surprised no one has suggested this - I only wax a little more than the area that can be seen when wearing a bikini and then shave everything else 'underneath'! I have problems with bumps when I shave my bikini line, so I wax there, but not when I shave my who-who, (ah, that expression always makes me laugh!!) so you may be surprised to have no problem with shaving that area. I also do my wax at home - I use Nads that you can purchase at the drugstore, and this combo keeps me neat and smooth year round in FL! ;)

I absolutely have enjoyed this thread!!:D Some of your terminology has me rolling on the floor with laughter!:D

"Who-Who" "Landing Strip" Someone wrote: "The thought of hot wax in my butt crack makes me shudder" :p

I absolutely have enjoyed this thread!!:D Some of your terminology has me rolling on the floor with laughter!:D

"Who-Who" "Landing Strip" Someone wrote: "The thought of hot wax in my butt crack makes me shudder" :p

Now THIS is making me have to go through and read the whole thread!

I just personally feel so much better when I'm waxed. I wear small bikinis, and don't want any "surprises" while at the pool or beach!!!!! And my husband loves it, too. I would recommend getting one about a week before your cruise- there can be some redness for a couple days after waxing. We're cruising on 7/29, and my appt is booked!

-Betsy

I'm with you there!!

I can't agree more and need to ask something that I've been wanting to ask at every Brazillian thread--Why would your husband want your privates to look (practically) like a child's? I'm not sure they want that part to, maybe they're just going along?

Archived