Best places to go snorkelng in Mexico with 11 month old daughter??

mapman_2004

Hi all,

This March we will be with our 11 month old daughter and want to snorkel at a few of our ports if possible. We will be going to:

Cabo

Puerto Vallarta

Mazatlan

Acapulco

Ixtapa/Zihahuantco

Manzanilla

Of these, which has the best places to go? We're looking specifically for a place with some amenities since we're with the baby. Willing to pay a modest fee to get into a place if needed.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

I think that I would suggest Los Gatos Beach in Zihahuantco. The beach is an easy water taxi from where the tenders dock, you can then walk around the beach to any of a number of restaurants which will have rest rooms, changing rooms, umbrellas and chairs, which are available for the price of lunch at the restaurant. The water is shallow, and we didn't run into any significant currents there last week on the Mercury.

Watch the sun very carefully with an infant. Sunscreen and a hat are mandatory and as always when around water with a baby, watch constantly. You will also need some sort of flotation device.

Good luck, have fun, and I hope that is useful.

Have you taken your child snorkeling before? The reason I ask that we were in Hawaii this September, the warmest month, and a couple had a toddler in the water who was shaking, shivering and quite upset. I don't know if this is normal but I remember thinking the poor mite needed a wetsuit to keep warm. Have lots of fun looking at the fish and sealife. :)

Archived