Society of seven show or Luau?

Woobie22

We are in Oahu, Hawaii for only one night precruise and are trying to decide between the Society of seven show and a Luau. We are looking at Paradise Cove or Germaine's because the night we are there is a Sunday the PCC is out. Does anyone have any opinions on this?

Thanks in advance for all your help.:)

We are in Oahu, Hawaii for only one night precruise and are trying to decide between the Society of seven show and a Luau. We are looking at Paradise Cove or Germaine's because the night we are there is a Sunday the PCC is out. Does anyone have any opinions on this?

Thanks in advance for all your help.:)

I am sure you will receive many opinions about this. Having done all three of what you mention it is a toss up. If you want a more Hawaiian experience then the Luau is the best to do, although the food is not 5 star but the experience is worth doing a Luau. If you want a more Las Vegas style show then Society of Seven is what you want. If I had never been to a luau before that would be my first choice because it is more Hawaiian. I think that is why people come to Hawaii is to experience some of the culture.

Between the luau's it is a toss up. For use we prefer Paradise Cove but you will find many varied and diverse opinions of which is better.

Likely you are somewhat more confused than when you asked the question.

Some would say do the SOS in Honolulu and do a luau while in port on the cruise. That is another possibility.

I am sure you will receive many opinions about this.

Some would say do the SOS in Honolulu and do a luau while in port on the cruise. That is another possibility.

That sounds like a plan! SOS and luaus are such totally different experiences, it's hard to pick just one. Of the many choices, I've enjoyed the Royal Hawaiian Luau, Old Lahaina, and Kona Village Luau.

I just had to chime in.....

We just moved away from Honolulu in December and had been to many luaus and shows.....the SOS show is a Las Vegas SPOOF. They are a bunch of so-so singers who are doing take-offs of celebrities (they do a broadway segment, elvis, even sonny and cher)...its all done in a joking manner. This cast seems tired in their roles as they dont seem to be fully giving it everything. I think there were only 2 or 3 of the cast that REALLY were talented with what they were trying to do. While the audience seemed to like it, I didnt at all. I was with a group of musicians and singers who really didnt like it either, but we were polite. If youre looking for a good quality experience, this just isnt it.

But there are quite a number or REALLY good luau and polynesian style shows in Hawaii. Even if you catch a free show on the beach, they are very well done.

Wow, thanks for all the great advice. I guess we are really interested in a more "Hawaii" experience. Maybe we will visit Vegas another time. So I guess we just need to choose between the Paradise Cove and Germaine's Luau. We can't do one in Maui because we already booked the Warren and Annabelle's show ( hopefully that will be good) someone had recommended it.

If anyone has any opinions on these 2 luau's I would appreciate it.

Thanks for all your help!

Ive been to PC but not Germaines....I would recommend PC because the music and entertainment were wonderful. I do understand that both luaus are very similar. They are both large in terms of audience size and buffet style dinner.

Have you looked into Polynesian Culture Center? Their show is just magnificent and very authentic.....it is a further travel and they do not serve alcohol, but they would be the best luau on Oahu. You can also spend the entire day visiting each 'island' of the pacific.

Thanks Suebee. We will probably try the PC. I really wanted to do the Polynesian Cultural Center, but the only night we have available is a Sunday and I thought I read they were closed that night. But thanks again for all your help!

Archived