Power snorkel

SandyR5

• 7 months later...

I assume that power snorkel excursions are the same at all ports. We have done a lot of snorkeling. When we were in Cozumel we decided to try power snorkeling just to see what it would be like - it looked like fun. Neither one of us cared for it. It's true that you don't have to do any work to move around BUT I found that the power snorkel "machine" often got in the way of seeing the sealife. Also, it is impossible to take any pictures as both hands need to be on the "machine." To me, part of the fun of snorkeling is floating along looking all around for things that I haven't seen before and I found the "machine" to be distracting. I spent more time manipulating the "machine" then I did enjoying the snorkeling experience.

Of course, the other people on the excursion said that they enjoyed it - but whether they were just being polite (as we were) or not, I don't know.

We also have power snorkeled in Cozumel. We loved it. They played James Bond "007" music through the special designed snorkel which mad it more of an adventure. Controlling the power snorkel was a challenge but it was a blast. You get to see more of the reef because you can travel faster. I would do it again on an island that had more fish though.

Archived