HAL Zuiderdam cabin A6003

sueart46

I'm hoping to cruise on the Zuiderdam in cabin a6003. I need to use a power wheelchair to get around. I understand there may be a problem getting into the bathroom because of a pole directly outside the bathroom door. Has anyone cruised in this cabin or cabin a6004? Thanks.

I'm hoping to cruise on the Zuiderdam in cabin a6003. I need to use a power wheelchair to get around. I understand there may be a problem getting into the bathroom because of a pole directly outside the bathroom door. Has anyone cruised in this cabin or cabin a6004? Thanks.

Yes I have cruised in 6003 and the pole is large. I drive a scooter and had to back in and out a few times to get around the pole but I made it ok. It is a nice room overall.

We're in Oosterdam VA6004 this summer; DW is in a powerchair. Does this pole obstruct more than the bathroom door?

- Richard

I received photos from HAL's compliance office. It looks like the pole only blocks the bathroom. I'll try to attach the picture.

The pole is not directly outside of the bathroom.. The bathroom is easily accessible. The bathroom in 6003 is to your right as you enter the room. To your left after the small hallway is a row of closets. Lots of closet space. The pole sits about 3 feet out in front of the first closet which has the safe. My scooter would make a complete circle around it but had to be done slowly or if I pulled into the room without backing it in, I did have to do some manuevering around that pole..

Yes the bed is up high. Are you able to stand at all? I can stand and sit on the bed and my dh lifts my legs up. I have no problem getting out of the bed.. These are the most comfortable beds at sea.. I have never experienced any like these heavenly beds... Overall this room is very nice. The only problems I had was being on the bow of the ship. We went in November and the seas were rough so I had a hard stime standing up in the room without holding onto something. Thats when the pole came in handy. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived