Can I book cabins w/o knowing who I'm Inviting?

RockinRod

I was thinking :rolleyes: (oh-o) about throwing a surprise party for my wifes 50th b-day

and I would pay for 5 or 6 of her friends and/or family to cruise with us.

Can I book the cabins with out knowing who I'm inviting yet?

How far in advance can I make the reservations?

Thanks for your help :)

Yes, they are dummy bookings. Book as early as possible as the rates are usually lower a year out or so. Book the cabins using names of people you might invite. You will need to put down deposits for each person. These deposits are fully refundable if you cancel prior to the final payment due date.

You can change the names later when you know for sure. Everything just needs to be correct by final payment time, which is @ 70 days prior to the cruise.

Oh, and just to make it easier, book directly with the cruise line. If you use an agent you will need to have everything handled by the agent. It is so much easier to deal directly with the cruise line and pick up the phone yourself to make changes.

Just a Heads Up,

Please do not use a source of money that the wife can see you making this huge transaction on. Again for your safety do not use cash.

Do you for instance have a credit card that the wife does not know about and cannot have access to read its montly statement.

If she sees you spending that large sum on the credit card or bank statement I can just bet she just may ask a question or 2 about it.

If she sees the transaction than the suprise is up.

Get my point.

Thank you for the info!

My wife and I take turns at paying our bills, we alternate every other year, Luck would have it, it's my turn!

Do you know if there are any discounts if I book 3 or 4 cabins or how many do I have to book to get a discount?

Thanks again!

Rod

I was told if we booked eight cabins, my ( or one person's) fee would be waived.

Only the commissionable part of the fare is waived, not the port and tax charges.

Also keep in mind that everyone will at LEAST need a drivers license and a certified birth certificate. If they have a passport that is even better. You might want to make this surprise at least two months out so that everyone will have time to gather these documents if they dont have them.

When you book you will also have know the person's name and date of birth. You will want the documents to be mailed to you to disperse.

Dave

Archived