What to do?

star10

Not sure if you all remember my post yesterday about my cousin losing her passport and BC. But now she called and has Broncitis (sp?). She has very weak lungs, and had a cold, but it got worse....btw, she still can't find her passport/bc.

Anyway, she's not coming! We all got the insurance... but my question is, she was rooming with my sister in a Balcony room. What will happen now? Will my sister have the room all to herself? They won't stick her somewhere else would they? And she won't have to pay extra... I'm thinking that's the point of insurance.

I feel really awful for my cousin. But now I'm worried about my sister. She really can't afford to pay anymore.

Thanks for your help!

Not sure if you all remember my post yesterday about my cousin losing her passport and BC. But now she called and has Broncitis (sp?). She has very weak lungs, and had a cold, but it got worse....btw, she still can't find her passport/bc.

Anyway, she's not coming! We all got the insurance... but my question is, she was rooming with my sister in a Balcony room. What will happen now? Will my sister have the room all to herself? They won't stick her somewhere else would they? And she won't have to pay extra... I'm thinking that's the point of insurance.

I feel really awful for my cousin. But now I'm worried about my sister. She really can't afford to pay anymore.

Thanks for your help!

Your sister won't have to pay any more. She also won't be moved because of this. She will get a nice private room. I know she certainly did not want to get all this privacy at the expense of your cousin...but tell her not to worry.

So glad your cousin had insurance

I hate to tell you this but, we had 4 people going on a cuise this weekend and 2 of the people that were going with us had to cancel because of a medical problem. When the TA cancelled those 2, the other person and I were put in a room together and we ended up paying an additional $400 because we no longer had a Sr. in our room. I paid it yesterday. We can file a claim with the insurance company but they said that it was a gray area so we may not be reimbursed. I hope it works out better for your sister....

from what I can piece together.... your cousin, who had insurance... should have protection from cancellation as long as there is no pre-existing clause. The separate traveler very well may be charged as a single traveler in the existing room, not moved... act now and call your TA immediately!!!!!!!

As the previous poster stated, if the person who canceled held the discount, it may very well be eliminated as they are not currently a registered pax. to apply the discount.

Unfortunately, this does happen often, and the hopes are that the person who canceled and the party left with the heavier tab are able to work out equitable finances between themselves.

Anyone else with better advice, please chime in... this is my best educated guess from living here... on the board.

Consider 3 people for the balcony for your best rate....and again, talk to your TA for options... today!.... sorry to hear your travel companion is ill.... maybe next cruise.

Archived