Transportation from Houston Hobby airport to Galveston

MsRavenFan

My husband and I will be sailing out of Galveston in April. We'd like to fly in the day before we sail so we aren't so rushed. I've been researching this a little but am getting conflicting information....so I thought I'd ask again. What is the best, least expensive way to get from Houston Hobby Airport to Galveston? Should we just stay at a hotel near the airport and then catch one of the cruise shuttles from the airport on the day of the cruise? OR is there an inexpensive way to get to Galveston the night before and stay in a hotel in Galveston? Thanks for your suggestions and info!!

My wife and I were originally going to get a rental car and were flying in the day of the cruise. Found some online discounts and it was actually cheaper to rent a car and drop off near the pier than to get any type of shuttle. I am not sure if this is something you are interested in or not. Depending on what time you come in the day before, it might allow you to be able to go around and do what you want and then go to the port. We are not renting a car now though as my Uncle in Houston has offered to be our transportation to and from the pier and be our post cruise "hotel" for a few days. You might also want to post this in the Port area of the boards. I was not sure if you had already done that or not, but that is where I found the info about renting a car. Hope this helps some and have a great trip.

My partner and I took our first cruise out of Galveston last year and did the same thing you are thinking of doing. I would highly reccommend flying in the previous day and renting a car to drive to Galv. and stay somewhere over night. There is plenty to see and we found that boarding was a non issue as there were practically no lines. I ended up having to wait for the hubby to get to the pier via Enterprises shuttle service.

We will be flying into Hobby the day prior to our cruise in April. Someone on this board recommended that we check the SpringHill Suites (owned by Marriott). They said SpringHill has a package deal includes transport from the airport, a suite overnight and transportation to the pier in Galveston. We found the price Very Good! -- In fact it was about the same as we would have paid for just a room. You might want to check it out.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!;)

Archived