Vettecruiser...question for you...

MsRavenFan

I noticed in your postings that you have been on both Carnival Celebration and Royal Caribbean Splendour. My husband and I will be going on our second cruise in April on the Splendour. Our first cruise was on Carnival Celebration. Can you tell me some comparisons? Which did you like better? How does Splendour compare to Celebration? Thanks for your input :)

The celebration is a good get you feet wet type of ship into the cruise market. The splendour is just plan beautifull. I have also been on rhapsody and I think she is even more beautifull then splendour. People at work used to ask me describe the difference. I used to some it like this. The Celebration is like staying in the Holiday Inn, staying on the Splendour or any other R.C. ship is like to staying in the Hyatt. The colors are more subdued and there are alot more windows to see out of in the public areas. The atrium will be the first thing that will knock you socks off. It just feels more like a Hotel with the rock water pond and towering ceiling. The rooms are smaller then celebration but the decor is more upscale then celebration. The food is good, but I also thought the food was good on celebration. Entertainment is also good, a little more variety on celebration, but you will enjoy it. Me and wife fell in love with cruising after taking the celebration, but we both made the comment that we wanted to go on a different ship. After sailing the R.C ships, we both said that we could easily return to any of those ships every weekend as weekend retreat. Very classy. Also the pool area is much better on splendour. You have an area around the pool that is about 4 inches deep with water then the actual pool, we love just sitting around the the shallow water cooling off. The celebration was either you are in or you were out of the pool. I hope this helps, you will love the Splendour and if you get a chance try the rhapsody before she leaves for Asia.

Also if you want a table for 2, see about getting table #49. It is upstairs close to the back. But it is next to the windows and you can see down on the floor below you. It is very nice table for two, some tables for two are next to poles and such. This one is next to perfect.

It was our babymoon, before baby arrives. My wife is due in May and she wanted one last dash before the kiddo comes. With that being said, we are still going on another cruise in Jan on Voyager. We spent this cruise asking alot of questions, and watching people with babies on a cruise. I feel much better about it now. It will be easy cruising with a baby before they start walking, after that we will just wait until he is 3 before we go on another one. We noticed that the 1 to almost 3 range was giving the parents a little more trouble. Always wanting to get in the pool and such. Anyway I can sit out of cruising for 2 years to get him into the A.O. club. It will be hard not cruising during that period, but we will just spend that money on a getting a beach house for a couple of weeks.

Archived