Coffee Filters

G&L in WPG

Hi All,

I understand that there is small coffee makers in every room on the Star (4 cup size). I really want to bring and make my own coffee, anyone know if the basket takes a small cone shape filter or flat basket shape filter, and if so what size #.

Thanks,

Greg

We just got off the Pearl. We had small 4 cup coffee makers in our room. The ship provided Folgers pods both regular and decaf. The coffee maker would accomodate a small four cup basket filter, not the cone shape ones. We loved having coffee on our balcony every morning. I also brought along my little hazelnut coffee creamers that are sold in the grocery store that do not need refrigeration. Our cabin stewards were faithful about keeping half and half creamers in our room also.

Have a great cruise!

Diane

As above, they are 4 cup drip pots (like Mr. Coffee). I buy the Maxwell House filter packs that make 4 cups. 10 filter packs come in a square container. No muss, no fuss...just stick the filter pack in the basket and perk away. However, I took 10 as well as creamer, sweetener and sugar and never used them. The Blue Lagoon is open 24 hours a day ( on deck 7) with fresh coffee. We even learned how to perk up a pot down there. We found ourselves just putting on a pair of shorts, a shirt and cap and heading down there. We'd get a cup of joe, walk one lap around deck 7, refill, walk another lap around, refill and walk a final lap around. By then, we were awake, happy, refreshed, sun was coming up...oh man, do I miss it!!!

Archived