Legend? Western Caribbean? Questions!!

CBussey64

I am in the midst of waiting to book the Cruise Critic March 2, 2008 Western Caribbean on Carnival Legend and I looked at a "few" reviews and can anyone tell me who has been on that ship and this itinerary how it was ... looking for more feedback. Thank you!!! P.S. I AM EXCITED but I also want to make sure the positives outweigh any negatives, and I know it is what I make of it as well. Thanks.

I sailed on Legend to the Eastern Caribbean last summer. The ship was great! I've also done Western Caribbean before on a different ship, and those ports are terrific. It sounds like it would be a great cruise! If I weren't planning to be pregnant at that time, I'd be seriously considering this cruise! If you have any specific questions about the ship or ports, let me know!

Ship- The Legend and the Miracle are switching positions. The Legend has been home-porting in NY, and the Mircale in Tampa, but Carnival decided to switch them around giving repeat passengers a new ship to enjoy. The two vessels are in the same class and have many of the same amenities. The Legend is based on the legends of the world.

Itinerary- The Western Caribbean has something that will pertain to everyones personality. Grand Cayman is a beautiful island, and I would recommend the Stingray City tours. They take you out on a sand bar where you can feed the sting rays, if you do it directly through the company it is $45 a per person. Cozumel is awesome, however I have never done an excursion at this port. I usually walk around as there are many good deals and great shopping, and of course there's Carlos and Charlies. Belieze well this is the saddest looking cities I've ever been to, it was dirty (near the port) both time I went to the country. Honestly the only thing to do here is and excursion and I would highly recommend Cave Tubing with CaveTubing.com. They were magnificant. ($45) Costa Maya- bewhere of the giant pool, if you want to go do it early, people get woosy and 'go' in there:eek: . Again take an excursion or go for a nice walk at Mah.... can't spell it but you can get a cab to go there for 3 dollars a person, they'll now where you are talking about.

Have Fun!!

Archived