Miami International Airport to Coconut Grove

karadsheh

We are a family of three who will need transportation from Miami International to our hotel in Coconut Grove on March 3rd. We will also need to get to the Port of Miami the next day and back to the airport after our cruise. The car service I contacted wants about $70 each way....does that sound out of line or about normal? Does anyone know what the taxi fare would be? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

We took a taxi from Miami International to the Wyndham in Coconut Grove. I think the taxi was about $50. There were four of us in a taxi van. We just got it at baggage claim. You should be able to call your hotel concierge and inquire about the estimated amount.

We stayed in Coconut Grove. We rented a car from Alamo for about thirty dollars. With the car, we picked up soda for the cruise and were able to see the city. The next day, we dropped it off at the airport Alamo (where we picked it up) and they have a shuttle to the pier that leaves regularly, so that means thirty bucks (and 5 or so for gas) got us from the airport to our hotel and then to the ship the next day.

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I ended up booking a full size car with Alamo for only $33 which includes all taxes. The only extra fee I'll have to pay will be for parking at the Sonesta Hotel in Coconut Grove. I was even able to check-in for my car (after I made my reservations online) so that I don't have to wait in line to pick up the car at the airport!

Alamo is a really great service in Miami. Their location is just off the airport but most of them are. It's less than a 5 minute drive. You'll love the convenience. We can't imagine going back to taxis now. We find Miami very driveable. If you need a Mall, just go down the Dixie Parkway to the Dadeland mall. Near your hotel, there are CVS's, Publix (grocery store) and all the rest.

Sorry it took so long for me to throw in my two cents worth. If you are going to rent a car, I would really recommend Enterprise as you can drop the car off at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Miami for no extra charge. The Hyatt is a few blocks from the cruise pier thus saving you the drive all the way back to the airport and then all the way back downtown again. I find their rates are usually cheaper than Alamo and have always found them a pleasure to deal with.

Also, a taxi hailed at the airport should only cost about $25 to Coconut Grove and it should be a similar cost (or less) to the pier. Thus, for the same cost of the car and parking, you don't have to go to the bother of unloading and loading your bags eight times (really, do the math!) and everything you need will be in walking distance in Coconut grove.

Archived