Xel-ha or Xcaret

maclady

Our cruise is stopping in Cozumel,but offers excursions to either Xel-Ha or Xcaret. The two sites sound rather similar . Can anyone give us an opinion on which to visit. Xcaret is a bit more expensive. We would like to do some nice snorkeling on the excursion. :);):o

Here’s my take on the two parks:

Xcaret has a lot of variety, mostly nature oriented. Gives you a tiny taste of some ruins. One of my favorite things was going through the underground rivers. They have an evening show as well.

Xel-ha to me has more things to keep kids occupied. And it’s also got an area that is inviting to just lay around and do nothing. The bonus, if you have a family, would be the AI option I think.

Both have pretty good websites where you can explore them in detail and try to decide which would be the best fit for you. I think either is a good choice. The only thing I don’t usually recommend is doing the combined Tulum / Xel-Ha trip because I don’t think you are given enough time at Xel-Ha. My personal preference is Xcaret.

You might want to search this topic on within the cozumel forum. the topic come up fairly regularly.

Xcaret was the best day I had when I was in Cancun for 2 weeks. I would go back just to go there again! I did the float trip down the underground river but didn't pay extra for the mask/snorkel ( life jacket was free) as I didn't want to see what I was swimming with and for good reason as later I went on this very nice raft type boat included in admission and saw this huge green eel/snake type fish. After seeing that I probably wouldn't have gotten in the water. It was dark alot floating and that in itself was kinda spooky but fun. I spent the whole day wandering around and never covered all the very nice trails or activities. It's -10 outside right now and I needed a bit of warm thoughts. :) Go and have fun!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived