Silver Moon I was wonderful

RetiredandHappy

We just got back from the Norwegian Pearl and spent our day in Barbados on the Silver Moon. It was a wonderful trip and I’d highly recommend it. The Catamaran is beautiful and the crew Tony and Ben were friendly and helpful. As soon as we boarded they offered drinks and the wonderful service continued throughout the day. First we went to swim with the turtles. Although a larger boat with many people was nearby, they anchored so that we did not get caught up in the middle of the other group. Tony threw out food to the turtles while we swam near them. Next we went snorkeling along a reef and over a sunken ship. After snorkeling they anchored off Sandy Lane Beach and we went swimming while lunch was prepared. And what a great lunch it was! Everything with Silver Moon is first class. Most of us then went swimming again until it was time to leave. As we sailed back, we had Pina Coladas and Strawberry Daiquiris along with the freshly baked banana bread.

Our group of 11 was mixed in age and physical fitness but all had a great time. The catamaran is easy to get on and off of in the water and I think it’s suitable for all ages. Ben and Tony were very safety conscious and one was always in the water with us while the other watched. One of the persons in our group was an older gentleman who had problems while snorkeling. We watched Tony tow him back in safely. I spoke with his wife and she said her husband, who had refused the flippers, was indeed in a great deal of distress. Before he could even ask for help, Tony was there to assist him. He really felt Tony saved his life.

I know Silver Moon is a little more expensive than some of the other tours but with everything you get it’s well worth it. I didn’t see any other boats getting the individual attention we received.

The info I received says Silvermoon I and II operate the same hours and tour. Do the two boats sorta travel together or do they go separate ways? Did you eat lunch on the beach with the other boat or do you eat on the boat itself? Thanks!

When we were on Silver Moon I we didn't see II at all. We didn't go to a beach, but anchored off one, and had the wonderful lunch on the boat.

Great review shellhol! It was a pleasure meeting you on board.

Since I was on the silver moon I the same day as shellhol I can answer that question.

The fabulous lunch consisted of green salad, very tasty macaroni salad, flying fish, caribbean rice and fresh turtle lol - better know as chicken.

On the way back to the dock we were treated to Strawberry Daiquiris and warm freshly baked banana bread.

What an amazing day!

Dan

We were in Barbados on Feb 18. We did the Silver Moon. I can't think of too much to say that hasn't been in other reviews on these boards. If you're thinking of this trip, don't delay, and do a search on Silver Moon in this forum to read all the great reviews.

Several people from our roll call group did the Silver Moon II and loved it as much as we loved the Silver Moon. We had flying fish, lasagna, and some other dishes for lunch - can't remember them all. The rum punch was great - not the sweet syrupy juice we've had on other excursions. We saw the Silver Moon II at one of the stops - I think it was where we did snorkeling, other than that we were in different places at different times - and we apparently docked for swimming and lunch in different spots.

If I had any complaint, I'd say I would of liked a little longer snorkeling stop. But I'm one of those people that they're always calling back on board when everyone else is already on and the boat is ready to go.

We're lucky enough to be returning to Barbados on another cruise this year, and have already booked a repeat trip on the Silver Moon. Definitely one of the best excursions we've ever done. The boat, the food, the locations, and the activities, - all top notch!

I have several nice photos on my photo gallery site: click here

Great to hear all the good reviews for Silver Moon. We are booked with them for April 17th aboard the NCL Pearl. I enjoyed seeing the pics from Lsimon. Can't wait to get in the water with the turtles. Great pictures! Any chance that these turtles bite? Hope not! The catamaran looks great with plenty of space for everyone. Counting down the days until we sail!

Great, now I'm going to have nightmares about turtles! :D

We're on Silver Moon 1 in a week and a half.

No need to worry. The turtles were great. They do tend to be close to the staff from the boat who are in the water feeding them. They are after the food not the social interaction. If you want to touch them you need to stay close. I tried to be a little ways away to take pictures and never got close enough to touch. They are really neat to watch and beautiful! You'll see them at just one of three stops.

132021677-Th.jpg132021706-Th.jpg

Great to hear all the good reviews for Silver Moon. We are booked with them for April 17th aboard the NCL Pearl. I enjoyed seeing the pics from Lsimon. Can't wait to get in the water with the turtles. Great pictures! Any chance that these turtles bite? Hope not! The catamaran looks great with plenty of space for everyone. Counting down the days until we sail!

We're on the same tour! We booked 7-1/2 months ago because I knew we wanted the smaller of the two cats (Silvermoon I is the smaller) and reading how popular this tour was didn't want to miss out! Glad to see that someone from our roll call will be onboard the Silvermoon I with us!

We have sailed on both the Silver Moon I and II. Both are fantastic. We found we prefer the Silver Moon I because if it's smaller size and layout. This has to be one of the best excursions we have taken (both times).

Anytime we visit Barbados, we will again book with the Silver Moon. The cats, the crew, the FOOD, the DRINKS, you can't ask for anything better. All you need is sunshine and you have the makings for the best day in the Caribbean.

Have a great time all you first timers, I know you will book with them again and again after experiencing how wonderful this tour is.

Hey, we sailed on the Silver Moon I while in Barbados with the Carnival Destiny on Feb 21, 2007. It was one of the highlights of my trip, well worth the extra money. Ben and Tony were great, and the swimming with the turtles once in a life time. I would do this tour again in a heart beat if I ever went back to Barbados.

When we did this there were 2 kids with us. They had a marvelous time! The turtles do not come after people. They are after the food that the guides feed them, and are not a threat to snorkelers. We were told to just pet their shell, which we did. It was a great experience. The kids loved it! Check out my photos for some pictures w/ the kids.

Archived