Hotel Recommendations in L.A.

letsrun26

Hello Posters;

We're headed to L.A. for a seven day cruise on the Vision of the Seas. She sails on a Sunday, but since we're flying from Ohio, we're coming out on Saturday to avoid any flight problems.

I was wondering where would be a good place to stay in L.A. for the night, to catch of few of the L.A. tourist sites, but easy to get to the pier as well.

Any advice would be appreciated.

The pier is in San pedro about an hour from L.A. I like the century City Hotel for it's great location. That's where the president stays. It's adjacent to Beverly Hills. If you want to stay closer to the pier then Sheraton or Marriott or any of those chains and take a stroll to fishermans Wharf and enjoy the southern calif weather.

I would highly recommend the Coast Hotel in Long Beach. http://www.coasthotels.com It is a waterfront hotel right between the Long Beach downtown area (very nice views) and the RCCL pier in San Pedro. (It is actually right at the Long Beach pier where Carnival and the Queen Mary dock.)

When we first pulled up, the exterior was pretty uninspiring (although clean), but when we got to our room, I was majorly impressed. Very spacious, nice beds, marble in the bathroom, etc. The exterior grounds on the waterfront side are also immaculate with beautiful gardens (at least they were in March). There is a free shuttle that stops there to take you to Long Beach downtown...but we didn't use it since we had a rental car, and we were out and about sightseeing on our own. Very convenient to all the freeways...we made it to Disneyland in Anaheim pretty quickly.

Also, maybe 200 yards away is a restaurant called The Reef. I'm not sure about their normal fare, but if you're there on a Sunday morning, they have a FABULOUS Sunday brunch. It's a little spendy...about $30/pp...but you wouldn't believe the selection. They had one whole giant table just full of fresh seafood and sushi (all you want)...one table full of gourmet cakes and cheesecakes....one of breakfast foods...one for omelets...one for regular food...one for carving board meats...one for breads, pastries, etc. Absolutely amazing and delicious! They do ask that you make a reservation, but all we did was call that same morning about 9am for a 10:30am reservation, and it was fine. Also comes with all-you-can-drink champagne..haha.

Anyway, since that's the only hotel I've ever stayed at in the L.A. area, it's all I can recommend, but I can tell you it was GREAT for post-cruise for us, and very convenient to lots of places in the area.

I booked the Crown Plaza Harbor Hotel on Priceline for $75 plus tax. It is right across the street from the pier. Priceline lets you specify San Pedro as the area to book you, so if you request a 3 star in San Pedro you are sure to get a nice hotel close to the pier.

I'll be on Vision Sunday after next.

Archived