What not to wear on board - from personal experience

Meeko32198

• 4 weeks later...
Getting ready for my first cruise in 6 weeks but this is the Titanic shirt I have... I just might take it.

ag11.jpg

Thank you so much for that photo. I was able to find it on line and place an order. They will be here in plenty of time for our May cruises.

We will wear them with pride - perhaps for boarding in LA - and many more times in am sure. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Depends on the ship , class , destination , etc. For instance it would be most inappropriate on Cunard Line , especially during a crossing , but perhaps on one of the Carnival ships in the Caribbean , it may be perfectly accepable.Hope you find this usefull.

P&O Australia, Queensland and South Pacific cruises, Jeans are not a problem, except on Formal night obviously.

While on our E CAribbean Cruise, ourselves and a couple from Scotland were waiting in the Tour line. He aimed his digital Camera to the top Deck and found a poor gentleman standing at his Balcony in a robe with nothing under neath. Needless to say several of took a peak at the photo.

these are hilarious. Thanks for the laughs.

Here is one. Don't wear an a cup bikini with a D cup boob job. Or make sure you have both your boobs in your dress.

On our last cruise, one lady had half of her boob hanging out her dress while the other was fully covered. LOL....

I have two incidents to share, both on the same cruise! The first is a pool incident involving bikini bottoms that tie on the sides. Make sure you have not accidently untied yourself while turning over or in getting up! I went to stand up from my lounge chair and got quite the surprise as did anyone close by as did anyone standing on deck 11 looking out onto the pool deck! I stood up and the bottoms began to fall off! I was mortified!

Second time. . . . in Aruba my 18 year old daughter wanted to go experience Carlos and Charlies, so I went with her. We were walking, I had a flowing skirt on, it was quite breezy. As we were getting close, a gust came up and so did the skirt! As I grabbed the skirt to pull it down, some guy yells " Hey lady! let it go! let it go lady!"

I guess you could say I gave great exposure on that cruise!

Thank you so much for that photo. I was able to find it on line and place an order. They will be here in plenty of time for our May cruises.

We will wear them with pride - perhaps for boarding in LA - and many more times in am sure. :rolleyes:

thanks also from me, I just completed my first cruise this past saturday, and we are planning #2 for the same time next year...I think this would be a great idea as a matching shirt to wear either at sailaway or one of our ports...I am going to look into getting them for myself & my 2 new sailing partners (mom: linda and my boyfriend: mike)

I would have to say I agree on the short skirt/windy day combo. We attended a late night party on deck one evening where some of the crew led a conga line. I was occupied with my cocktail filled pineapple, so we sat and watched the dance pass us by...We had more fun than the passengers dancing because we got to sit by and laugh as a young woman passed us repeatedly, arms in the air- shaking her body- and her skirt flying straight up! you could see from her ankles to her waist and she either had no clue, or just didn't care...we had a pretty big group watching by her 4th or so go-round!

Also- one thing I was surprised at was the extremely lax dress code in the main dining rooms (we sailed on the norwegian spirit). We were looking fwd to the "resort casual" dress, but I found that lots of men wore jeans and shorts and t-shirts to dinner, and some women were even wearing a bathing suit visibly underneath what could pass for a dress, btu was most likely a cover-up. My party all dressed appropriate for their code (capris or a skirt and top, a sundress, khakis & a collared shirt on our one man, etc)...even on the "formal" (or not) night, there were many people in extremely casual clothes..i would recommend to those people to pack a pair of khakis and a polo shirt if you plan to go to the nicer restaurants- those dressed in their everyday casual clothes tended to stick out among everyone else!

A good DON'T DO. If you are overweight, and I don't mean 10 - 40 pounds overweight, but lets say you weigh 300 + don't wear a bikini. Let alone a G-string bikini.

That is so grose. Or an overweight man in a speedo. Gag a maget with that look.

A good DON'T DO. If you are overweight, and I don't mean 10 - 40 pounds overweight, but lets say you weigh 300 + don't wear a bikini. Let alone a G-string bikini.

That is so grose. Or an overweight man in a speedo. Gag a maget with that look.

haha true true...there was one woman in particular that was not only wearing a string bikini, but dancing all around the pool area in it....now that alone is not a problem, but when your body fat conceals the strings....well that is just wrong! I won't even get started on the woman (also dancing!!) who was under the impression that a sports bra is equal to a bathing suit top :eek:

Perhaps slightly off-topic, but...on a Feb '06 cruise rt from NYC to the Caribbean on Norwegian Spirit, I saw a guy in his 60's with a very substantial "bay window" (pot belly) sporting a t-shirt which read:

I

BEAT

ANOREXIA

I only wish I'd had my camera with me at that moment!

I'm at my desk at work and I just laughed out loud at this. I'm sure my office mates are wondering what I'm doing!

Here is one I thought about today, and this really happen on my last cruise. This one family/group had special shirts. They had the same shirts on all 4 days of the cruise. the moral of the story is.... if you are going to wear special made shirts for your group, make them a different color for each day. otherwise people will think you forgot your luggage and you are wearing the same thing every day.

• 6 months later...
Perhaps slightly off-topic, but...on a Feb '06 cruise rt from NYC to the Caribbean on Norwegian Spirit, I saw a guy in his 60's with a very substantial "bay window" (pot belly) sporting a t-shirt which read:

I

BEAT

ANOREXIA

I only wish I'd had my camera with me at that moment!

My friend from CA has the same shirt and wore it when we went on Carnvial in Oct. 05. It was a hit on the ship. I love that shirt because he was big and short guy and he clearly beat anorexia. :D

Good thing that lady wasn't on my last cruise, sitting at our table of eight. We went from one conversation talking about how cute little lambs are (before dining on spring lamb), to talking about famous shipwrecks. One of our dinner companions was a band director - he began to hum "Nearer my God to Thee" as we all sat laughing hysterically and sang along a bit, as best we could. The wait staff was in stitches - other passengers were not so enthusiastic. It only got worse when history was thrown out the window, and we started into "Titanic" the movie. Let's just say my Rose could use a lot of work, and my tablemates Jack Dawson wasn't so great either - he did manage to disturb the table next to us by asking them if he could draw them in the nude - and he also asked the waiters if there were icebergs in the Caribbean ... this was about 10 minutes worth of dinner ... a few people were disgusted, but the eight of us had a great time. I was just pleased that no one showed up with their life vest the following night (we had talked about it - it could have happened).

Oh did I mention this happened on formal night? :rolleyes:

When we were docked in St. Thomas 2 years ago-my hubby went to the front of the Mariner of the Seas ship- and stood at the very end and like Jack-yelled "I am the king of the world"! A bunch of folks were on Carnival Triumph looking at us from their balconies and the lido deck as the ships were docked nose to nose. They got a good laugh at this.

• 2 weeks later...
Through personal experience, I agree with Donna. I wore a knee length flowy skirt onto the Voyager last year... and the seabreeze insisted on lifting it up COMPLETELY while on an upper deck. The good news is that I had a bikini on underneath. The bad news is that the *dozen* people working out in the gym behind me during sailaway (why??), might have mistaken the swimsuit for black panties :eek:

and when did panties ever get packed in to make and cruise

Archived