Fort LAuderdale Accomodations

bselly

We stayed at the Ft. Lauderdale Grande Hotel & Yacht Club when it was the Marriott Marina & Yacht Club. We asked for a room on the highest floor overlooking the harbor. When we awoke the next morning for our cruise we sat up in bed and looked directly into the nose of our cruise ship, the Caribbean Princess. It was a wonderful way to start our vacation. We are scheduled to sale on the Carnival Liberty in June and have booked to stay there again through Priceline. We won our bid of $80 for a 3 star hotel and was lucky enough for the hotel to be the Grande. Good luck!

We stayed at the Ft. Lauderdale Grande Hotel & Yacht Club when it was the Marriott Marina & Yacht Club. We asked for a room on the highest floor overlooking the harbor. When we awoke the next morning for our cruise we sat up in bed and looked directly into the nose of our cruise ship, the Caribbean Princess. It was a wonderful way to start our vacation. We are scheduled to sale on the Carnival Liberty in June and have booked to stay there again through Priceline. We won our bid of $80 for a 3 star hotel and was lucky enough for the hotel to be the Grande. Good luck!

what criteria do we need to use in order to get this property?

We just stayed there three weeks ago. The main tower with the great views is still undergoing renovation so there are no rooms available there. We were in the West Villa, overlooking the port, supposedly. Our main view was of the 17th St. Causeway with virtually no view of the port. Their food options right now are extremely limited, with a cheeseburger costing $13. We had stayed there two years ago when it was still the Marina Marriott. To say we were disappointed is an understatement, and it was $224 a night!~

My best advice is check to see when the main tower will reopen if you have your heart set on a view. I really wish we had gone with the Pier 66, even though it was more $$.

Hyatt Pier 66 would be my first choice for viewing the ships, no other hotel in Ft Lauderdale comes close to the views the Hyatt affords. The hotel itself recently underwent a multi million dollar renovation, new beds, furniture, flat screen plasma tv's, all situated on 22 lush tropical acres. Beautiful pools and the largest hot tub I've ever seen. Excellent food whether it's casual dining at the poolside tiki bar or the intimate Grille 66 on the intracoastal. This property is not to be missed. ;)

I did some research on the renovations of the Grande Hotel and supposedly they are to be complete by April 1, 2007. Being we will be there in June I am hoping they will be finished by then even considering delays. I have heard of Pier 66, and would probably stay there, too. The Grande, I believe, is a little closer to the port but not enough not to consider Pier 66 also. Pier 66 is on the other side of waterway from the Grande, correct?

Gonna Go Cruising, the only criteria I did on Priceline was "Name your Price", 3-star hotel with a bid of $80. This was the first time I ever tried using Priceline. Priceline will tell you what chains are considered in each star category. However, it did not name the Grande, but it did name the Embassy Suites, Hyatt and Marriott. I believe the Grande was considered the Marriott.

Pier 66 is on the other side of waterway from the Grande, correct?

Yes, that's correct.

Gonna Go Cruising, the only criteria I did on Priceline was "Name your Price", 3-star hotel with a bid of $80. This was the first time I ever tried using Priceline. Priceline will tell you what chains are considered in each star category.

The Hyatt Pier 66 on Priceline is bid as a 4* beach zone. The Renaissance is 4* downtown on Priceline.

Archived