Older cruisers on Carnival?

Roxanna

Unless you goto a retirement resort.. I don't think age is an issue.. WHY oh WHY are so many people concerned about that.. My father is turning 60 this year and will be taking his 1st cruise Jan of 2008... He never asked about the age of people.. Go and have fun :)

On a side note cruises attrack all ages and bare that in mind is all;) Have a great time!!:D

• 1 month later...

Well, I lost my original post and just now found this thread again! And I'm so glad to see all these positive answers! It does help, although my little bit of worry wasn't enough to make us not go! :cool: Thanks all!

This is my absolute FAVORITE thing about Carnival

age diversity.

My DH and I are mid 40's. We sailed Celebrity last Nov and there was no age diversity at all. (It may have been because of the itinerary/length of cruise) It made for a 'different' type of cruise and I wasn't fond of the difference to be honest.

Carnival is full of all different people, all different ages and if you like to have fun, Carnival is the ship for you.

Oh, and the food is excellent and the beds are amazing. :D

We are 50 and taking our 4th Carnival cruise on 6 May, the Legend. On the last cruise, the Inspiration, we took MIL & FIL, 70 & 73 at that time, and we all had a Fantastic time. At the Newlywed, Not So Newlywed Game, the senior couple had been married 65 years, and were a RIOT!!!

Go, have fun, you will not stick out like a sore thumb.

Matt

Carnival cruises seem to be popular with young people and I wonder if any of you who've gone remember many cruisers over 50? My husband and I are in our late 50's but we need a Saturday sailing so he will only have to miss one Sunday since he's a minister.

If the cruise is 7 days or longer the older the crowd. If you go between Thanksgiving and Christmas older. January to spring break older.

Bottom line the cruise and time of cruise will determine age.

On the Liberty TA. I think there were 12 people in there 30's. Us in our forties were babies:)

This is our third Carnival cruise (Eleventh overall)...and we will be celebrating our 50th wedding annniversary on this one..never felt like we were the "seniors" on our last cruises but maybe we were! LOL...We will try to look around this time..never even thought about being "old", but we must be!!!

DH and I are in our early 50's and are booked on our fourth Carnival cruise. The passenger mix can vary from cruise to cruise, but we've notice many people our age and older on all of our cruises. In fact, our last cruise on the Miracle had less than 20 kids under 18 with the biggest percentage of passengers over 50.

We have been on 20 cruises, three with Carnival. We are 62 and 65 and love the energy of a Carnival cruise. My husbands parents cruised with us into their 80's and Dad would only say "Book it Dano".

LOL... very funny!

um, my mom, who we have had a part with her new cruise addiction, is 81 this april fools day.... she LOVES carnival... the dinner, shows,, laying poolside, bingo, slots..... the dance lessons...... Going on 3rd cruise with her, we can' keep up, she exhausts me and she has this cruise glow about her. All at 81. She's amazing and keeps me going!

Good for your Mom!!! I hope if I live to 81 that I'm as full of life :)

I'm 54 and DH is 64 and we love Carnival. It's the same way with us when it comes to getting a weekend away once in a while. DH is a musician and there are few weekends free so we take the short 3 and 4 day getaways when we have the chance. You will love Carnival and should have no trouble fitting in age wise. Hope you have a wonderful cruise! Be sure and let us know all about it!:)

We just got back from a cruise. There were several people over 50 on the ship (and we were cruising during Spring Break time.) They all seemed to be having a great time. I enjoyed talking with several of them. Do not let age stop you from taking any cruise. Go for it.

:) Just wanted to say this. Please do not worry about "sticking out". Hubby is 31, and I am 28. We LOVE having dinner and conversation with all age groups. It never seems to matter at all. We love the theater, historical tours, and just about everything. You will have fun no matter what the ages of the passengers are. I hope you have a terrific cruise

Carnival cruises seem to be popular with young people and I wonder if any of you who've gone remember many cruisers over 50? My husband and I are in our late 50's but we need a Saturday sailing so he will only have to miss one Sunday since he's a minister.

We went on Princess to Alaska 5 years ago and noticed most of the others were our age, but I'm told that's the case on most Alaska cruises.

This time we're wanting an Eastern Caribbean trip and would like to know we won't stick out like sore thumbs. :o

So what! My wife & I are in our middle 60's & we just got off the Conquest a few weeks ago. There were a number of seniors on the ship but more 40's & families. Everything is in the mind & you just have to feel young and mix in with whatever crowd is on the ship. If you want to have a good time - you can at any age. My 65 year old wife won the dance contest at the Sandals excursion smokin the younger girls.

So go and have a good time & think young!

Archived