Evening in Aruba

nononsense42

Was just going to start a thread with the same general question. We were planning on doing the bar hop tour but our ship departure changed from midnight to 8:00 pm and we are looking for something casual and fun.

Sort of like a Carlos and Charlies atmosphere but not a chain restuarant.

Any ideas anyone?

Yes Carlos and Charlies is fun and I have always had a good time going but like to try new things

Lisa

Your links sound interesting. If you only had a couple hours and one choice for your first trip to Aruba what would you select

thanks

Yes Carlos and Charlies is fun and I have always had a good time going but like to try new things

Lisa

Your links sound interesting. If you only had a couple hours and one choice for your first trip to Aruba what would you select

thanks

Honestly, they are all so close and within walking distance I might try to do my own bar hopping tour on foot. Otherwise I think Mambo Jambo or Cafe Bahia in that order if you are not interested in C & C's.

My choice would be Cafe Bahia.... It's right next door to C & C's with a live band, no cover, and cheaper drinks. We also highly enjoyed the Choose my Name Bar (I think that was it) about 2 blocks further on the 2nd floor. They had an 8 piece Salsa band and lots of locals hung out there, too.

Wow what great tips everyone. Can you see them from the cruise ship?

From what I read we shouldn't be wandering around lost trying to find them!

Yes, all are stumbling distance from the Ship :)

I highly recommend making reservations for El Gaucho Restaurant. It is Argentinian beef and will be one of the best steaks you have ever eaten. It was reasonably priced. We spent about $75 including tip with SEVERAL drinks. There is an very nice piano/cigar bar across the street that was quite enjoyable. Aruba is AWESOME!!!

I highly recommend making reservations for El Gaucho Restaurant. It is Argentinian beef and will be one of the best steaks you have ever eaten. It was reasonably priced. We spent about $75 including tip with SEVERAL drinks. There is an very nice piano/cigar bar across the street that was quite enjoyable. Aruba is AWESOME!!!

Jill and Jo --

Where is El Gaucho and how would I go about finding a phone number or other way of making a reservation? Sounds good!

• 4 weeks later...
Our ship AOS will be in Aruba in the evening. I am wondering what we should do. I'm not interested in evening sails, but would like to do something. Any advice? We are 6 adults. Thanks!

Hi, we were in Aruba on Feb. 16, 2007, and spent the evening at the Flying Fishbone Restaurant in Savaneeta. The Sunset was unbelievable, food was fabulous, ambiance could not be beaten. We had a wonderful post Valentine's Dinner.

Archived