Just Back from the Star!!! February 10th Sailing!

Midnight Rain

Hi Everyone!

Just back from the Star Princess, sailing February 10!

What a blast! I am a first time cruiser, and I will be back again and again!

Embarktion was pretty smooth. There was some confusion at the hotel however as there were two letters given out. One said to be in the lobby at 11:00 am and the other said 1:00pm. So everyone waited around until the buses came to get us at 1. We were on the ship and in our room about 15 minutes after arriving at the pier. We had a balcony room on the Caribe deck. Room C247. Very nice! And Huge balconies!!

Our room steward Rodney was great! Always greeted us by name.

First Day at Sea - Feb 11

We got married on this day. At 3:30 pm. Everything about the wedding was perfect. They had everything down perfect. I was totally impressed. (I will post the Wedding review on the Wedding message board).

Jamaica - Feb 12

Jamaica was gorgeous! We went to the Green Grotto Caves and Dunns River Falls. The caves were very cool! If you are interested in history at all this is a very good excursion. Our guide was excellent.

The falls were very nice, but I was kind of bored at this stop. To me it would really only be fun if you actually climbed the falls. It was so busy there. We were offered some "Bob Marley" by the guy taking our photo at the falls.

When we were done at the falls, we decided to hit the shopping area that is right at the exit. It was very intimadating for me. They split us all up and pulled us into the back of the stores. The one women that I was shopping from was going to take chase to some tourists who wouldn't buy from her, so I decided I better not leave her empty handed. Other then that it was a great visit!

Grand Cayman - Feb 13

I love this port!! We didn't do any excursions here. We just did some shopping and wandering around. My brother went diving here though. He said it was awesome. I will get the name of the dive company from him if anyone is interested.

Cozumel - Feb 14

This was mt most favorite port out of all of them. We went to Passion Island Beach! We took a bus and then a little boat over to the Island. The island is so beautiful. This is where they film the Corona commercials. We had unlimited Corona and Rum Punch, and a big buffet of food (fruit, guacamole, chicken). Our guide Hugo was awesome. There was some pretty good shopping on the island as well. Our guide said, that since the Hurricane that went through there is more sand on the beach. The weather was so great!

Second Day At Sea - Feb 15

Didn't do much this day, lounged around, ate and drank! My favorite drink was the Raspberry Fizz. (had lots of those) :D

Princess Cays - Feb 16

We couldn't go to Princess Cays. A storm blew through right after we dropped anchor. I guess some people had already tendered off to the island. The captain decided to call everyone back and head back to Florida. So we had another day at sea, which was alright by me. I did have some Kayaks rented in the cays that I was looking forward to, but that was ok. The trip back to Florida was really rough. It was cold and windy.

Disembarktion - Feb 17

Went very smooth. So sad to go!

Overall, We had a great time! The ship is beautiful! There was no smell, staff was awesome. Paul was our photographer for the wedding, he did such an excellent job!

The food in the buffet was alright, not outstanding. We had anytime dining, and ate in the Capri once and the Portofino once. Food was very good there. The hot dogs and burgers by the pool were very good. We ate there lots. We had dinner in the Steakhouse after the wedding. The food was very good, except that my chicken was still bleeding. They took it back to cook it some more, but I kind of lost my appetite after that which was disappointing.

I might have missed something to post about, but if there are any questions I would be happy to try and answer them! (I have all of my Princess Patters as well).

Can't wait until my next cruise!!!

Melanie :D

Congratulations Melaine!

We sailed with you. We also had a great time. We were on Roll Call together. Loralie arranged a great party - but I'm sure you were happier where you were that day. ;)

Funny thing, I was with you and Hugo at Passion Island - wasn't it wonderful? I'd do that again in a heartbeat!

DH had dives in Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

We were one of the ones who actually made it to Princess Cays, talk about a wild ride!

Follow the link below to our photos. It's the Star Princess folder. Bruce's dives are in "Grand Cayman and Cozumel February 2007".

Sharon glad you enjoyed the Star. We sail her on Mar 3.

Could ou post who some of the offericers were as well as the Maitre'D,

Circle Hostess etc???

What bands were in the Wheelhouse??Who was the piano player in

Crooners??

Thanks

Hi Jeanne,

Captain Philip Pickford

Staff Captain Diego Perra

The Maitre'd is Francois Ferat

Executive Chef - Mario Rotti

The Circle Hostess was Amanda Matthews but she's leaving at the end of this week.

The CD is Billy London but he's a non-entity. Leah the Deputy CD is the real deal. Michael and Winnie of the cruise staff are the best. Winnie handles all the dance classes and is a sweetheart. Tell Mike that Sharon & Bruce say HI!

The Wheelhouse had two alternating bands, one was Hungarian - The Night Light Trio (a father and his sons) the other was Polish - The Boogies. Both were good, they played everything from early rock to country to easy listening.

Lucien Romulus was in the Promenade Lounge.

Hope this helps.

Archived