Anyone have ship/cruise review on Sapphire - particularly when in Alaska?

TeeBuccs

DH and I are thinking about sailing to Alaska again but this time booking with Princess. This would be our first time with Princess and I am curious how the ships stack up to RCI and CCL. I am not concerned with activities as we tend to maximize our days in port and have very quiet time when on board the ship.

Price wise what have folks experienced and are the cabins as nice? I am hearing that some aren't covered and that may be an issue when sailing to Alaska.

Thanks for any links to reviews or information you can provide.

What might be of help is go to the Member Reviews of this site and see there. The Sapphire has been going to Alaska for a few years. There will probably be some reviews on the ship and Alaska.

marilyn

I did the Sapphire in 2005 to Alaska and there were things I liked and didn't like. The ship is lovely. There is a really nice place for viewing at the top of the ship that was never crowded. The hot tubs were also very nice. I'd stick with traditional dining. Some people say they like anytime but "anytime" turns into booking a table in advance and having to eat at that particular time. Just do traditional and if you don't feel like the whole big dinner deal, go to the buffet. We actually liked the dinners in the buffet better than in anytime dining- because the service was so bad in anytime and more relaxed in the buffet.

The balcony stateroom I was in was nice. I was on a high deck and it was covered.

Overall, you will have a nice experience on Sapphire. Alaska is lovely and it is hard to beat an Alaskan cruise. Have a great time.

Archived