Hyatt - Can you use the beach for free?

ballinafad

The beach is free to the public in Cayman from the water's edge to the mean high water mark. Above that point, it is private property. This means that the area that the waves wash over on a typical day is public, even if the tide is out and that area is above water at the time.

The beach at the Hyatt is moderately steep and the tide doesn't overwash much at all, so you run out of the public portion of the beach pretty quickly.

It is my understanding that the Hyatt does not simply rent chairs. if you wish to use their facilities, you need to pay the day pass rate. Otherwise you can plop your towel down in the public section of the beach for free.

We purchased a daypass at the Hyatt when we visited GC last week. Our ship (RCI's Legend OTS) and HAL's Zuiderdam were in port. Charge for day pass is US$25 per person. Pass allows use of the beach chairs, access to bar and restaurant, use of swimming pool, towels, and use of bathrooms. No changing facilities other than the bathroom and no lockers that we could find. There is a Red Sail Sports facility adjoining where rentals and excursions were available.

The beach area wasn't very crowded, probably 25 people total. About 25 - 30 yards down the beach there was a beach club that was very crowded.

HTH. Let me know if you have other ?s. I'll be glad to answer what I can.

We purchased a daypass at the Hyatt when we visited GC last week. Our ship (RCI's Legend OTS) and HAL's Zuiderdam were in port. Charge for day pass is US$25 per person. Pass allows use of the beach chairs, access to bar and restaurant, use of swimming pool, towels, and use of bathrooms. No changing facilities other than the bathroom and no lockers that we could find. There is a Red Sail Sports facility adjoining where rentals and excursions were available.

The beach area wasn't very crowded, probably 25 people total. About 25 - 30 yards down the beach there was a beach club that was very crowded.

HTH. Let me know if you have other ?s. I'll be glad to answer what I can.

Peter,

What are your thoughts on the Hyatt with 3 small kids (2, 5 and 7)? Does the pool have a shallow end or a kiddie pool? Will people be bothered if they make noise? Is the bathroom close by? Can I sit on a chair and watch the kids play in the sand and at the water's edge? TIA

Archived