Port Canaveral Hotels and Transportation

bahama_mama

:confused: I'm looking for some suggestions. My family (16 of us) are cruising in July and we are leaving out of Port Canaveral. We will be flying into Orlando on Friday to stay over night and need to get to the hotels - any suggestions on how to get there? Also, any suggestions for hotels? This is our first time out of Port Canaveral and I need help! Thanks!!!:)

If you are moving all 16 people at the same time there are a couple of options. The most expensive, and coolest, would be a 20 passenger Hummerzine from Happy Limo. That would be $580 plus tips round trip. You would most likely need to add a luggage van to that which would cost an additional $60 round trip. A cheaper way to go would be to get two 10 passenger vans. A van is about $230 plus tip round trip. I have used a company called Tiffany Towncar a bunch of times for their van service. Never had any problems with them. I used Happy Limo one time. We were a perty of 14 and got the streatch Lincoln Navigator. Good service with them as well. We will be using Happy Limo again this October for our party of 14 again. What you have to do is figure out what the price for both would be including tips. Then divide that by the amount of people going.

We have stayed at the Radisson and really liked it. They have a nice pool and out door tiki type bar. On Friday night they have live music outside. They also have a nice restaurant there. There are several others with in walking distance. They offer a free shuttle to and from the ship. You should just have your car service pick you up at the port to return to the airport. We will be staying there again in October.

I too was in the same situation as you, except I had a party of 8. We are staying at the Radisson at the port in a couple of weeks and reserved a shuttle service from Art's shuttle. I just looked on their website and it looks like it would be $12 per person each way. I did a lot of research and they have received good reviews. Also, if you go under www.portcanaveral.org, there is a listing of numerous shuttle services. Good luck.

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites at Port Canaveral on 2/3/07 prior to our Mariner Cruise. We were very happy with the hotel, very clean, and our rate was only $89. They also offer a shuttle service from the hotel (we did not use this, so I cannot comment). You may be able to work some group discount with them.

Wow jaybird from SC - I'd love to get that rate - are you talking about the Florida welcome center? We'd be flying in and right now the rate for Friday March 30th is $199!

try Priceline if you are indifferent to hotel preference...I got a $140 room for $50 on 02/14/2007 at the Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach

Archived