Moomba Beach?

Murphy

We intended to go to Moomba Beach on our last cruise but DH got sick that day and unfortunately we never got off the ship in Aruba. I don't see any recent info on the Moomba Beach Bar and Restaurant and their website has changed since we researched this last year. Any one have recent info? Is the food good and drinks reasonably priced? Their website used to post their menu, but I can't find it now. Can we still get beach chairs there for the day? TIA for any info.

Thanks Lisa! The reviews sound good and it still seems to be reasonably prices. I was afraid when they removed the menu from the website, they did it to significantly increase the prices. I can't wait to try it!

I emailed them and they offered us free day passes to use their beach chairs. They are normally $5.00 each. Sounds good to me!

• 8 months later...

Hi carbon...

Here's the location link for Moobabeach.

http://moombabeach.com/component/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=33

We are doing the Sail Snorkel & Swim with Jolly Pirates on Jan 16/08 (suppose to meet at Moobabeach) than after the tour we'll spend some time lounging on the beach here too.:cool:

Pat :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooo, Lisa! Cool map! I have studied it and studied it to try and recognize the spot on the beach where we hung out the last( and only) time that we were in Aruba. I think we were close to the Pelican Pier. That was a nice stretch of beach.....but from what I'm reading on these boards......a better place to go might be DePalm Pier between the Riu and The Radisson? Would that be advisable? We need chairs and umbrellas. Will be there on a cruise right after Christmas. I'm concerned that Moomba might be a little too far north.

I am going to be straight forward and honest. IMHO, the area up at Moomba next to the Marriott Surf Club is just too crowded and cramped. The boat dock is right there...need I go on? If you are looking for a spot to have a snack and hang out for a couple of hours after or before the Jolly Pirates, it is an ideal spot. Otherwise, just not my cup of tea. :(

You can compare both areas yourself.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.569381&lon=-70.047771&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.57879&lon=-70.04422&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2

If there were facilities along Eagle Beach, that might be more ideal. Having "been there and done that" as a cruise ship passenger in Aruba myself, I can say that you need a place to go for the day where you can have some shade. A chaise lounge is just the bonus! :D ;)

Archived