Bonita Beach

rucruizin

Ok, I've looked at tours, but I frankly am quite bored with what they have to offer. I hate bananas, why would I want to go to a plantation? The zipline looks boring.:rolleyes: The canal looks boring. I have booked a tour with Charlie Soto, and I'm sure he's wonderful.

What I really want to do is just go to a beach. Bonita beach looks beautiful, and exactly how I want to spend my day. I understand it is 10 minutes from the dock. Does anyone know if this is true?

Can I just catch a cab?

I speak enough spanish to get by, and I can go to a market and buy my own coffee, right?

I just can't see spending $160 for the two of us when all we want to do is go to the beach.

RU

Sure...why not?? The beach is only 3 or 4 Kms. from the dock....a taxi will get you there....nice beach ( not spectacular, but nice)...there's a restaurant there...they also sell some trinkets and coffee there, but don't buy ....way too expensive...wait until you're back near the port....there's a supermarket near the dock....I also bought good coffee right at the port (at the liquor store) for $ 2.85 a pound.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there with Charlie Soto in April 2006. Not a great beach for swimming. More likely to find lots of local surfers there, as wave action is pretty strong. Beach is very so-so, but the restaurant is great. Good food, cheap, cold beer, right on the sand.

Archived