Why No Posts About Brilliance Of The Seas

guys im a little worried. how come i read no posts about brilliance? prior to cruising explorer and adventure i had many posts to read and learn from but not the case with brilliance! i hopeing i didnt make a mistake!

I think it is all because it is Europe based right now.........Brilliance is our favorite ship to date............talk should start picking up as soon as it returns.....in the meantime, I'll try and answer any questions.

Jim

We never ate there because it is open late in the evening..........(may be open earlier to but don't know) As far as I know it is free.

Jim

Main pool is very nice..........we spent most of our time though in the Solarium pool which is also very nice..............

Our cabin was very nice but it was a Grand Suite.........the other cabins I saw I believe are larger than what RC has on their previous Vision Class ships.....when we sailed on her the ship was only 18 months old and really looked brand new in every public area...........great ship.

Jim

ddean52-

Im glad you asked because I was wondering the same thing! You didn't say when you were sailing. My husband and I will be on Brilliance 12/13/04 for the 11-night Ultimate Caribbean. If you will be too please join our "Meet and Mingle" thread!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=15582&page=1&pp=25

Have a great trip whenever you are sailing!

Sam Wills :)

We sailed on the 11 night Carribean cruise last April and have booked the same cruise for this coming March. Once it gets back from Europe, there will be lots of posts about it, there were tons last year.

We loved the ship, Seaview Cafe is free, but open limited hours (late afternoon for one).

I'd be glad to answer any questions you have.

Lisa

Hello everyone,

From what I have read so far, I would not have any nervous feelings about stepping aboard the brilliance. I know I don't have any!! (sail in Nov. 22, 2004 :D ). The only lukewarm to bad posts I have seen about this ship deals with food and I am not a refined - or picky - eater.

Isujim, thanks for the info. what do you recommend as a favorite activity on the ship??

We will be sailing on the Brilliance (10 night) Panama Feb. 4, 2005. We have been on the Radiance twice, Serenade once, and now the Brilliance. We love the Radiance Class of ships best of all. We are now Diamond level so the extras are nice. Funny that there are not too many Brilliance threads, the only staterooms left on most of the Dec., Jan., and Feb. sailings are inside and oceanview. Balconies and Suites are all sold out as per quite a few websites.

I would quickly forget about being worried concerning the Brilliance!

We liked her so much, that we cruised with her two years in a row. Both this year and last, we did an 11 night cruise of the Caribbean.

She is an absolutely stunning ship. The Solarium is a gorgeous space (we especially enjoyed the dips in the hot tub late at night when we were usually the only two there) that is beautifully lit at night and they pipe in the sounds of a jungle.

We thought the food was very good -- especially the buffet that always had some interesting choices.

We're going to be on the Voyager in December (our first time on a "big" ship) but I have a feeling we're going to come away from that cruise still thinking that the Radiance class is our favorite.

We just got back from the Brilliance 3 weeks ago. . .Ask away.

LOVE the ship. So far of all the ships I've sailed, that class is my favourite, I would gladly sail that ship and nothing else for the rest of my cruising life.

You couldn't do better than booking on this ship.

bloomie,

We are going on the brilliance 1/14/05. I read your post on another board about its change in itinerary. Our was changed too. Looks like instead of grand cayman first, its now last. Thats probably better anyway as originally, GC was set for a sunday, which most shops are closed.

So, you were notified by your TA? I haven't heard from mine. Don't know if I will as they are an email only online TA, but RC's website does show the change, so I guess I don't really need confirmation from my TA.

ddean52-

Im glad you asked because I was wondering the same thing! You didn't say when you were sailing. My husband and I will be on Brilliance 12/13/04 for the 11-night Ultimate Caribbean. If you will be too please join our "Meet and Mingle" thread!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=15582&page=1&pp=25

Have a great trip whenever you are sailing!

Sam Wills :)

thaks but we sail 4 8 05...and we are signed up.

We just got back from the Brilliance 3 weeks ago. . .Ask away.

LOVE the ship. So far of all the ships I've sailed, that class is my favourite, I would gladly sail that ship and nothing else for the rest of my cruising life.

You couldn't do better than booking on this ship.

thanks for the invite;

1) sea view is free and hours open?

2) did you scan bos day planners?

3) formal nights are when?

4) there are production shows in pascific theater every night?

5) at night where can you grab cookies and snacks?

6) lat.(the coffee bar) there is a charge right?

6a) is there charge for the deserts?

thanks in advance:cool:

dean & alice

ddean52

We were on in May, loved the ship and the crew was wonderful. One of the best times we have had. The CD was Lucky Pete and did a great job at our M&M party. As for you questions:

1. SeaView food is free, drinks were extra. They do not have ice tea. Hours vary so check the cruise compass. Try the Cuban and Rubin sandwiches.

2. no clue

3. Varies with the number of days you are sailing.

4. Productions shows were not done every night, can't remember how many, think there were 3 on our 10 day transatlantic.

5. Not sure about late night cookies, always too full from dinner, but there is always room service.

6. There is a charge for the Lat. coffee bar. (Well woth it IMO as RCCL coffee is pretty bad)

7. If you are asking about the deserts in Lat cofffee, yes there is a charge.

cherith see you on the Jewell

thanks for the invite;

1) sea view is free and hours open?

2) did you scan bos day planners?

3) formal nights are when?

4) there are production shows in pascific theater every night?

5) at night where can you grab cookies and snacks?

6) lat.(the coffee bar) there is a charge right?

6a) is there charge for the deserts?

thanks in advance:cool:

dean & alice

1) Seaview's hours changed day to day and sometimes during the day it wasn't open at all, sometimes for a couple of hours, and sometimes for several, but it was open every night,and yes it is free. You put in your order, they give you number which you put on the table you choose and they bring out the food when it is ready. The Reuben sandwich was my favourite there.

2) I brought the "Compass" home with me for most days, I can scan them for you but it's going to take a few days before I get a chance to do that, but I don't mind. I might just post them on my website so others can see if they like.

3) Formal nights were staggered throughout. Day 3 (Livorno), Day 5 (at sea) and day 9 (at sea).

4) Pacifica theatre did have entertainment every night but not always "production shows". Sometimes it was and opera singer, or magician. . . my favourite show was a Flamenco group called "Ole, Ole". Great fun.

5 & 6) For Snacks, the Windjammer was open until 9:30, of course there is room service, but other choices [i have my "Compass" right here] Seaview open from 9:00 PM to 1:30, looks like every day - (lol, didn't know that until right now!) Latitudes, the coffee shop is open until 11:00 PM every night, and although you pay for the coffee there, the snacks are free.

Starquest Disco has snacks at midnight.

Hope that helps. . .

We are booked on the Brilliance for 5-29-05 seven day med cruise. Can't wait! One of the first places I check for review and photos is Bart de Boer's website http://www.passengershipparade.com. Sure enough, he'd been there done that too. And WOW! I think this will be a beautiful ship and I can't wait to sail. I really like the Voyager Class ships but for some reason, I think this may even top that!

L Jane

NCL Sea

RCCL EOS

RCCL NOS

NCL Sun

Carnival Legend

RCCL Brilliance ...not soon enough...5/05

Archived