Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

The fridge doesn't keep things cold though, just cool. On the Summit we asked for our ice bucket to be refilled twice daily. A $5 upfront tip and I had all the ice I could ever use, we brought a collapsible cooler and kept cold beers on the balcony - NICE

the key is to remove all items from the refrigerator and turn the temp down and it will keep things ice cold.
Where did you find a temp control? Have emptied them out several times, but never noted a control, assuming it must be on the rear somewhere. There's a secret that would help me!

Hello cruisers. It's our first time on Celebrity and normally we do a transfer with the cruise line. This time we are leaving port from our home town of San Diego YEAH! The cruise booklet says boarding begins at 2pm. Will they make us wait if we arrive at 12:30pm?Thanks for your help.

KMK

Best secret is to stick to cheese and cracker platter for dessert at least on Summit. The creme brulee was grainy and undercooked, the other desserts were all sub-par. If you do choose the cheese and cracker platter and want blue cheese on it be sure to ask for it otherwise it is not included.

Another secret for Summit is that on lobster night just skip the lobster and choose something else....mine was so overcooked I could not cut with a knife and my wife's was so undercooked it was leaking some really odd fluids. A really POOR excuse for lobster and we were schocked that Celebrity would even serve such poor food. We sent it back and the replacement veal dish was only marginally better.

I think the best secret is the Spa Cafe...it was never busy and the food was great at all times. I think most people prefer the gut stretcher spread at the buffet and have no interest in eating here. It was our favorite for both breakfast and lunch for both the food and the lack of pushing, shoving and generally crass behaviour in the buffet area.

Yes there are both safes and refrigerators in the rooms. You'll love the ship,staff and you have to eat in the speciality dining . The maitre'd is Dominque and give him my regrds.

Ben G.

My DH and I will traveling on the Infinity 12/10 Panama Cruise. Since that thread seems to be dead I thought someone on this thread could answer a question I have. Does the Infinity have safes and refrigerators in their cabins. This is our first cruise with Celebrity so we were wondering. Any help for tour ideas along the Mexican coast would also be appreciated. If you wish to post this info on the "dead" tread, the site is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=60920

Thanks- Kathie

Just back from the Mediterreanean on the Century. A great trip.

1. If you haver a suite (or CC) and a particular perk is listed online or in a brochure and you care about getting it, make a copy and bring it with you. There seems to be some confusion about what goes with which suites or what goes with CC. I wanted a special pillow and was told that was for CC not a suite. Same with fresh flowers- the butler told me it was for the highest level of suite only.

2. The T-pool is great fun. Even more fun if you are in a suite and it is free but I think it worth the $99 if you start using it at the beginning of the cruise. But I think the minerals in the pool discolor acrylic nails. If you have them and don't have them polished a color, bring a fine emery board and sonme clear nail polish for touch ups.

3. Just because they offer an appetizer, a soup and a salad on the menu doesn't mean you can't have all appetizers- or all salads.

4. If you haver a butler they can bring you cappicino (but they can't teach me how to spell it)

5. Someone in these tips suggested disembarking on the last day late but on our cruise they made everyone leave by 8 or 8:30. Then they lost our suitcase so we worried that someone else had a similar bag and had accidently taken it earlier. It all turned out ok but I would not have worried as much had a left with my group. And on the same subject, just because they tell you that all the bags are on the conveyor belt does not mean that they have not forgotten some on the ship. That's what happened to us. We finally got on the taxi line without our bag, the last ones at the port, and they came running with our lost bag. And lastly, on the subject of luggage, do put a personal tag or ribbon on your suitcase. My suitcase is red and I thought no one else would have one like it but I was wrong.

Hope these tips help;)

4. If you haver a butler they can bring you cappicino (but they can't teach me how to spell it);)
Thanks so much for posting those tips. Will the butler only bring cappuccino :) in the morning or can I ask for it say late afternoon? Is decaf cappuccino offered in the dining room?

I thought the T pool was free and the persion gardens there was a charge for?

WOuld someone confirm for me.

We will be sailing with Celebrity for the first time this Feb and are quite excited.

Thanks

M-Class ships = TPool free for all

C-Class ships = TPool free for suite guests, others charged

Going on a Mexican cruise on the Mercury in 7 wks. Never cruised Celebrity before. Looking forward to it.

our cabin in in the aft, and i've seen mentioned that there is a constant vibration??? I hope it doesn't bother me.

I know the Mercury is a older ship, but it sure sounds nice:D

Going on a Mexican cruise on the Mercury in 7 wks. Never cruised Celebrity before. Looking forward to it.

our cabin in in the aft, and i've seen mentioned that there is a constant vibration??? I hope it doesn't bother me.

We've been aft (FO) on Galaxy (same design) and the only times we encountered any significant vibration was when we were positioning to/from a dock. It was our wake-up call in the a.m. to let us know we'd arrived in port.:D

Hi Karen - are you by any chance on the 10/31/05 sailing? :)

If you are new to Celebrity, perhaps you don't know which ships are Millenium class. They are the youngest in the fleet, and identical in design: Millenium, Constellation, infinity and Summit. Thelosotherapy pool use is free to all cruisers over age 18. Millenium Class ships have a specialty restaurant you can reserve for an extra fee. No children allowed. Enforced.

the other ships, Horizon and Zenith are the oldest and smallest.

century class: Galaxy, Century, Mercury are medium sized. There is a fee, either by the week or day, for use of the T-pool unless you are in a suite, in which case it is free to you. I understand the T pool is not as large on Century class ships.

The persian gardens are not free to anyone, even on millenium class ships. Take a tour of the spa when you board and decide if it is something you want to spend money on. Occasionally a Persian gardens one day pass is included with one of the spa specials. i tried it and was not impressed. There is a free sauna in the dressing rooms for men and for women.

Perhaps you were thinking of the conservatory on millenium class, which is free.

On your cruise stop by the future cruise room and pick up a copy of one of the destination booklets. You will see the layout of each ship etc.

If you are new to Celebrity, perhaps you don't know which ships are Millenium class. They are the youngest in the fleet, and identical in design: Millenium, Constellation, infinity and Summit. Thelosotherapy pool use is free to all cruisers over age 18. Millenium Class ships have a specialty restaurant you can reserve for an extra fee. No children allowed. Enforced.

the other ships, Horizon and Zenith are the oldest and smallest.

century class: Galaxy, Century, Mercury are medium sized. There is a fee, either by the week or day, for use of the T-pool unless you are in a suite, in which case it is free to you. I understand the T pool is not as large on Century class ships.

The persian gardens are not free to anyone, even on millenium class ships. Take a tour of the spa when you board and decide if it is something you want to spend money on. Occasionally a Persian gardens one day pass is included with one of the spa specials. i tried it and was not impressed. There is a free sauna in the dressing rooms for men and for women.

Perhaps you were thinking of the conservatory on millenium class, which is free.

On your cruise stop by the future cruise room and pick up a copy of one of the destination booklets. You will see the layout of each ship etc.

T pool is also free for Captain's Club Elite meembers on Galaxy class ships.

when you send in proof that you have 100 shares of RCL and the required form do they notify you that you will receive the ship board credit? thank you. have enjoyed reading all the helpful information.

Yes, if you e-mail your request in (send the documentation in a picture or PDF file attachment), Tensi Westreicher from shareholder services will send you a confirmation e-mail back. If you fax or mail it in, you might want to request a confirmation.

How is the regular room service coffee? How does it compare to the Cafe Cova Java? If Cafe Cova Java is better can I bribe someone to bring it to my cave- er cabin (well it's a cave until I wake up...and come down from the cieling:o .)?

BTW: What are the prices for java drinks at Cova?

I'm leaving for a cruise on Infinity in six days and it would be nice to know how one of my favorite food groups is on board.

Thanks!

AZSHOW:)

Archived