Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

:( In October 2006, I booked a sailing on the Millenium for 12/10/2006 through Expedia. My spouse and I showed up at FLL on 12/10 and were told the Millenium had been cancelled and that all passengers had been notified except for us!!! We were also told that we would be refunded our money for the Millenium Cruise plus be given $1400 ....................before you leave home to make sure the sailing hasn't been cancelled!! It may save you an awful lot of aggravation. As for my opinion of Celebrity, all I can say is this, they are a substandard cruise line pretending to be an industry leader.

Sure wish people could stay on topic. While their travail deserves mention and it lets them vent it has nothing to do with this thread.:(

If Sealover11 had been around for a little longer they would have known about the cancellation

November 22, 2006

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=445918

I believe there was considerable discussin on this forum about that when it was announced.

looks like Sealover11 was/is a one time poster. I advocate: use a Travel Agent - why anyone would go to Expedia or like beats the heck outta me! I've heard one too many complaints that when you need problem solving, there's nobody at home! At least using a Travel Agent OR book directly from the vendor (in this case, Celebrity), you have someone to help you problem solve, yes? I have always thought Celebrity was a little bit above RCCL which was a little bit above NCL which was a little bit above Carnival (those are the only big names we've cruised). IMHO, I've had good and bad on each line, but never a cruise I wished I hadn't sailed. As far as getting sick: noro virus lives on ships AND planes AND handrails everywhere AND grocery cart handles, etc.etc.etc......I just returned from a 7 nt road trip where we stayed 4 nts in one hotel/3 nts in another. Now I have the miserable crud! IF I had flown or IF I had cruised, I'd be blaming the plane or the ship. But this was my own personal car AND my own personal pillow! A virus thrives anywhere/everywhere. GOOD HAND WASHING is the best precaution! (I do but I still got it, so there:D ). As far as staying on track w/this thread, occassionally, a thread does take on a life of it's own.....:eek:

WOW--I just spent 6 hours reading all these great tips--this will be my first X cruise..wish I knew most tips had been on a list--AFTER I copied & pasted to send to myself & my son..I should have been packing to head north for C'mas tomorrow--but hey this was MORE important to get the facts for the Mercury & other tips also..thanks everyone who posted them. :D Looking forward to Jan 29th

Hi Motherchik,

Better than the Persian Gardens is the Thassolatherapy pool. It has 4 high pressure water spouts that you can stand under, thus getting to the upper extremities or even the head. It also has a series of pipes that have jets in them that you can lay on.. It is all warm salt water. I too have FM and totally loved it. The sauna's in the Persian garden was ok, not the best..In one of the scented sauna's they add oils like lavender. I actually requested they add more when I went in, they were happy to comply.

I am a nurse, and believe that anything you do to relax the muscles and mind are an awesome treat. Enjoy,

Daphna

Cruisin cats you will love it ! and Daphna, thank you for the reply. YES I LOVE THE THALLO POOL !!!!!!!! I am in there veryday several times a day. Have met many a nice person there to also chat with

And i agree with you, as i too am a nurse, that anything that helps relax you is a huge help.

nadine

I plan on waiting to get some of my suits pressed/dry cleaned till I get on board. Does this sound like a good idea and also is there shoe shine available? We're in CC class.

Thanks Happy New Year, Bill

The prices for dry cleaning are very reasonable. Ask your room steward about polishing your shoes, that's one of the things they do in CC class.

Thanks everyone for the info on the Thallo pool! I can't wait to go! Believe it or not, I was on Millie in 2000 and didn't go to it--had a busy Baltic cruise, no time for anything relaxing, really. This trip, Caribbean ports (DR, PR, St.T., and Bahamas, leaving from Ft.L.), is all for relaxation and no pressure!!! Except for DR we have been to all ports and only plan on shopping in St. T, if that much. I just want to VEG OUT!!! :D :D :D

Helene

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Daph:

Imagine seeing you here.

You don't have to be jealous. Just clear some vacation time and join Dena and myself on the Constellation from October 10 to Oct 23 for a New England/Canada cruise. Then you can again enjoy THE POOL. Our travel agent is hosting an Ensemble group which will have a special hosted cocktail party onboard plus a free tour when we are in Quebec City. Hopefully, if you can make it, Frank will join you.

Anne Maria and her Frank are considering it and will check the last minute pricing.

Ellis

Ellis,

Wouldnt that be great if we could join you..I will have to talk with Frank again about it..but traveling during Hurricane season..humm..

I was just thinking of a celebrity secret. Once I got on board, I looked through the special pillow menu offered in the Concierge class. I ordered the full body pillow and the orthopaedic pillow.. its a nice treat to try these out if you have ever considered buying one at home..

Also, I brought with me fabric softner sheets and placed them in the little bathroom (out of site) and in the closets. Once the steam from the small bathroom hits it, it really scents up nicely.

Daph

Leaving on the Summit in a couple of weeks. Where is the Spa grill? Which deck? What time do they serve sushi?

Thanks!

If you are referring to the Aqua Spa Cafe, it is on deck 10 forward near the Thalassotherapy Pool. 7:30am until 10:00am and 12:00 noon until 8:00pm

Sushi Bar is open from 5 pm until 10 pm. It is on deck 10 aft.

I will be on the Celebrity Millennium in April but only taking my first cruise with Celebrity in a couple weeks on the Xpedition- is anyone familiar with their 'Captains Club', we've taken quite a few cruises with Royal Caribbean but this will be our first 2 with Celebrity. Does anyone know if they were allowed to combine their Captain's Circle points with Celebrity's or do each maintain their own for returning cruisers? I tried asking Celebrity but was met with a terse 'Xpedition' class is seperate from the rest, so don't even know if that will allow me to join before the Millennium trip- any insight is appreciated, Thanks! Sherry

I will be on the Celebrity Millennium in April but only taking my first cruise with Celebrity in a couple weeks on the Xpedition- is anyone familiar with their 'Captains Club', we've taken quite a few cruises with Royal Caribbean but this will be our first 2 with Celebrity. Does anyone know if they were allowed to combine their Captain's Circle points with Celebrity's or do each maintain their own for returning cruisers? I tried asking Celebrity but was met with a terse 'Xpedition' class is seperate from the rest, so don't even know if that will allow me to join before the Millennium trip- any insight is appreciated, Thanks! Sherry

If you are a platinum or diamond member of RCCL you can join Captain's Club at the equivalent level--Select(5+ cruise credits) or Elite(10+ cruise credits). They do not combine the credits from the two lines. The best way to get the information is to call Captain's Club number which is 1-800-760-0654.

Jerry

Hello everyone. Great secrets and tips on this thread. We've been one three wonderful cruises on Norwegian. This will be our first Celebrity cruise. It will be on the Century in a Sky Suite 3/5/07.

Anyone been on Century since the refurb? Does Century have a Thalo-pool, Persian Garden? Any particular secrets for the Century since the refurb? Thanks in advance.

Century has no T-pool, but it does have a Persian Garden. And don't miss having lunch in the AquaSpa, the food is freshly prepared and much better than the buffet. And if Century is at all like the M class ships, the AquaSpa will be much less crowded, too.

See you on the Century!

fsr44

Archived