Need some help here....

raingage

Hello;

I'm going on the Grand Princess on the 17th of March, my fiance and I are getting married in Galveston before we sail away. We will have a group of about 15 persons on the cruise with us, all others will be on the ship only for the wedding. We are going to Costa Maya, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. I have been to all ports except Costa Maya on previous trips. I need a little help for myself and my companions. Typically it would be only my finance and I and we could get out on our own with little worries. I'm not sure everyone would even go with us on any excursions, although I probably need to be prepared for the entire group attending. I have posted this message on each one of the ports boards, please let me know what you think we should do with a larger group. I'm considering going on ship excursions, although I can't remember the last time I've been on a formal excursion. We have been on several cruises in the last year and as I said it's just been the two of us.

Costa Maya: We are considering just going into town and having lunch and some drinks by the beach? I haven't been here before so I'm not real sure on this one

Roatan: I have done the island tour and been to the West End many times, any excursions or independent tours that you can suggest?

Belize: This is a hard one, I have only been here once and I toured the city and had a couple beers and some food at the pier? I would love to go to one of the Caye's or on a boat of some kind? Help....

Cozumel: Don't really need any help on this one. My in-laws are golfing and my fiance and I traditionally rent a jeep and go around the island.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Randy

We're leaving on the Norwegian Sun on the 18th and going to Costa Maya, Belize and Cozumel, but swapping Ruatan for Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatamala. We've also been to Cozumel and Costa Maya before.

Our Costa Maya visit was an unscheduled stop three years ago due to a medical emergency, so we didn't have time to book any excursions. From what I remember, there's not an awful lot there. It's an ex naval base that was bought by (I think) Carnival and made into a cruise port. It's docked and there's a newly created tourist area with shops and an arena where they have traditional dancing. I think there's also a beach with restaurants there.

Not a lot of help, but maybe some :)

Have a great cruise!

Archived