Carnival Cruise Line Questions

Solomom

1. How many cruises with carnival do you have to take to reach platinum level? What do you receive at this level? Any higher level?

2. Am I corrrect that milk, orange juice, apple juice, ice tea and fruit punch are available in the casual dining area 24 hours a day?

3. Anyone had a problem with the room stewart emptying the minbar so we can use the fridge?

4. Can I adjust the tips charged to my sail and sign card up or down based on service? I want to give the Bistro service people more tips and the dining room personnel much less as I never use the dining room. Anyone had a problem adjusting tips this way. I will still be paying 10pp/pd.

Solomom

1. How many cruises with carnival do you have to take to reach platinum level? What do you receive at this level? Any higher level?

2. Am I corrrect that milk, orange juice, apple juice, ice tea and fruit punch are available in the casual dining area 24 hours a day?

3. Anyone had a problem with the room stewart emptying the minbar so we can use the fridge?

4. Can I adjust the tips charged to my sail and sign card up or down based on service? I want to give the Bistro service people more tips and the dining room personnel much less as I never use the dining room. Anyone had a problem adjusting tips this way. I will still be paying 10pp/pd.

Solomom

10 cruises for Platinum. Steward can unlock the fridge and you can remove the items and put them elsewhere, by removing the tips your Cabin steward will not get his tips unless you are removing all tips and tipping everyone separately. I recommend leaving it the way it is, the Bistro people will get those tips since they are the same ones that work the Dining room also. Juices will be available on Lido deck because the Pizza shop is open, can't guarantee what juices each station will have.

Fred

Solomom

1) 10 cruises, and currently platinum is the highest level. The benefits are a platinum colored S&S card and priority embarkation and debarkation.

2) I don't know if all drinks are available 24 hours per day. For example, you might not find ice tea in the morning and you might not find orange juice in the evening. Also, you might find two different juices one day, the next day two different juices, the following day a different combination of juices ...

3) I never asked, but I also have never heard of this being a problem.

4) I don't know about this, because I think you are trying to subdivide something that is not a separate category. Typically the dinning room staff gets $5.50/day, the room steward gets $3.50/day and the other $1.00 per day is "all other" including the Bistro staff. I would suggest you speak to the purser and ask if this can be done, and explain why. Best if you do this early in the cruise.

Solomom

I am not a big orange juice drinker...but I believe I have read that after the "breakfast" shift, they remove the "orange juice" label from the orange juice dispenser...but you can still get orange juice if you simply remember which one it is.

I have never had a problem getting coffee, tea or lemonade 24 hours a day from Lido. And then there is always room service.

As Wennfred said, all the Bistro wait staff are also formal dining room staff. They are in the dining room every night and then rotate working the Lido, so if you simply leave your tips the way they are....you have a much better chance of being "fair" about it.

There is no level above Platinum at this time. I have an ongoing "campaign" to add an Elite level at 25 cruises.....but it has not happened yet. Feel free to add this to your comment card!!!!

Happy Cruising!!

Archived