NCL Spa pass

abbyjude2002

I paid $90 for the 9-day on the Pearl. The spa is huge with many extra features. Worth every penny!!

Now I'm wondering about some of the smaller ships/smaller spas. Does anyone know if the Sun offers free access to the saunas/steamrooms? Or do you have to purchase a pass? What about the Spirit?

Thanks to any who reply. Also, I'll be glad to provide more info on the Pearl spa if anyone has questions.

TR4 - the spa pass gives you access to 2 rooms. The first is open to both male & female and includes the following: huge heated therapy pool, separate hot tub, showers, heated ceramic loungers, hot & cold rain showers, and lounge chairs that face the front of the ship (great view). The second room is female only (there is an equivalent male room also) and has the largest sauna I have ever seen with great views of the starboard and front, more lounge chairs, plunge pool, steam room, showers, 2 whirlpool tubs, lockers, and restroom.

Like I said, it is well worth purchasing the pass for all this.

solid gold cruiser, did the spa seem busy all the time? what tipping did you do at the spa? frist time cruiser, don't want to seem cheap but don't have money to toss around either. I'm a big lady and not to comfortable with swim suits. would like to enjoy myself without feeling like everyone is looking at me. spa sounds like it would be great. thanks again

Now I'm wondering about some of the smaller ships/smaller spas. Does anyone know if the Sun offers free access to the saunas/steamrooms? Or do you have to purchase a pass? .

My husband and I did the Sun last year and we used the Steam rooms everyday. We were told by our room steward that they were free, so we never even thought anything of it. No-one ever asked us for payment (as a matter of fact, we never even saw anyone from the Spa near the steam rooms).

We are cruising the Dawn in a few weeks and someone had pre-warned us about the charge. If there is a chargsomeone should tell NCL corporate, because we phoned last week to confirm the price and were told that they steam rooms and indoor pool were free!!!???!!! We shall see.

Now I'm wondering about some of the smaller ships/smaller spas. Does anyone know if the Sun offers free access to the saunas/steamrooms? Or do you have to purchase a pass? .

My husband and I did the Sun last year and we used the Steam rooms everyday. We were told by our room steward that they were free, so we never even thought anything of it. No-one ever asked us for payment (as a matter of fact, we never even saw anyone from the Spa near the steam rooms).

We are cruising the Dawn in a few weeks and someone had pre-warned us about the charge. If there is a chargsomeone should tell NCL corporate, because we phoned last week to confirm the price and were told that they steam rooms and indoor pool were free!!!???!!! We shall see.

I also called back in January when I first seen mention of spa fees for the pool/hot tub use and they told me there was no charge....but i see more and more people stating differently. Wonder if they know :confused:

[quote-spirit bear]We are cruising the Dawn in a few weeks and someone had pre-warned us about the charge. If there is a chargsomeone should tell NCL corporate, because we phoned last week to confirm the price and were told that they steam rooms and indoor pool were free!!!???!!! We shall see.

NCL shoreside (aka customer service) does NOT always have the correct answers to any/all types of questions. I believe they do a good job most of the time; many of them have never cruised on the ships that they're being asked questions about.

That's what makes this site (and others like it) so great - ask your questions here and someone will know the answer. It's never failed me in the past - call customer service center, get an answer that doesn't make sense, call customer service center back, get a totally different answer.

Now, I come directly to these boards, ask my question and have yet to be disappointed! There is a huge wealth of knowledge and experience on all the NCL ships (including NCLA ships that sail Hawaii) on the part of the members here and they are more than willing to share their experiences with you.

NCL shoreside (aka customer service) does NOT always have the correct answers to any/all types of questions. I believe they do a good job most of the time; many of them have never cruised on the ships that they're being asked questions about./quote]

Huh??? If NCL Shoreside is SELLING the cruises they better know what's on the boats. If they don't perhaps they are in the wrong business. If I have someone working for me selling items worth thousands of dollars, they would know everything they could about the product, or at the least, take the person's question and FIND a right answer. Sorry, but simply sitting in Miami and rattling off any old answer (knowing that they're not going to be the one facing the customers later) is not good enough. Not in this day and age of customer service. That's what makes the difference for people today. That's what keeps people coming back to your product.

Just my opinion :confused:

Huh??? If NCL Shoreside is SELLING the cruises they better know what's on the boats. If they don't perhaps they are in the wrong business. If I have someone working for me selling items worth thousands of dollars, they would know everything they could about the product, or at the least, take the person's question and FIND a right answer. Sorry, but simply sitting in Miami and rattling off any old answer (knowing that they're not going to be the one facing the customers later) is not good enough. Not in this day and age of customer service. That's what makes the difference for people today. That's what keeps people coming back to your product.

Just my opinion :confused:

Yet another good reason to find a great TA that actually knows the cruise lines, their products, and has actually SAILED on cruises.

I know that the cruise lines should have knowledgeable, trained people but it's hard to expect too much from people sitting in a call center. As one of the previous posters has stated, most of these people have never sailed on the cruises; some may have never even seen a cruise ship. Just wait until the call centers get outsourced ;).

Paul

TR4 - I was amazed at how "unbusy" the spa was. At times, I was the only one in there. The spa pass does not entitle one to any services - other than the fact that someone at Reception hands you a robe and a locker key - therefore, no tipping required.

You are basically on your own to wander around and endulge. I never felt uncomfortable in my bathing suit. There are all ages and sizes of folks, just enjoying the solitude and tranquility.

You should not hesitate to do this.

Thanks SolidGoldCruiser - I've got another question for you. What day did you purchase your spa passes? DH and I enjoyed the heated tile loungers on HAL and plan on buying the passes - would you think it best to do it as soon as we board? I've read in previous posts that there may be a limited number available??

Thanks for your advice:)

Is there a daily charge to use the spa on the Jewel? We may not be interested in purchasing a weekly charge. I realize that the specialty services are all an additional cost. What I want to know about is the daily charge and what you can use that does not include the extra services.

Is the pool in the spa on the Pearl indoor or is it an adult only outdoor pool? Thanks

Just got back from the Pearl and we all got the spa package which is $50 for the 5-day or $90 for the 9-day and well worth it. It's all indoor. There's a co-ed area that has the therapy pool which has a few different types of massaging bubbles and jets, but the best part of it are 2 fountains that shoot jets of water down onto your back. Also in the common area are 7 heated thermal lounges, a regular whirlpool and lounge chairs that face the window in the front of the ship.

There are also separate mens and womens areas that have individual hot tubs, a cold plunge pool, dry sauna, steam room and showers.

I went twice a day and it was very relaxing!

Anyone know anything about the Dream's spa? I know it's an older ship and wondered. I've been on the Jewel and don't expect it to compare. But, would like some info.

Hello DragonflyCruiser, icon7.gif

We are sailing on the Jewel April 22 for its transatlantic voyage and would like to know what their SPA is like. This is the first NCL ship that we are sailing on that charges to use the SPA and from the description of the Pearl there is much more to their SPA than on the NCL ships we've been on.

What was the charge per day or cruise length?

It seems also that it would be a nice quiet place and especially nice to use during a transatlantic cruise.

Happytotravel icon7.gif

• 4 weeks later...