? Hawaii on POA

Eagle1

Hi, I have never cruised with Norwegian and we are plaining on takeing a 10 day cruise in Oct. I am booking my flights now from frequent flier mil. and my return flight has us leaving at 10 pm. I heard that they have a area by the pier where you can check your luggage until your flight, please tell me this is so. Also plaining to pack a box of wine in my suitcase for the room will that be a problem. Thanks for any and all advice and sugestions.

Eagle1, I previously read posts regarding a service that NCL has with "certain"

airlines -- for $20 a person (I think) they take it to the airport, and you don't see your luggage until you arrive at your home airport. It all depends on who you are flying -- but you might want to check those out.

Regarding your wine question -- I believe that some have said that your wine might be confiscated at check-in -- hopefully someone has more recent information.

Hi, I have never cruised with Norwegian and we are plaining on takeing a 10 day cruise in Oct. I am booking my flights now from frequent flier mil. and my return flight has us leaving at 10 pm. I heard that they have a area by the pier where you can check your luggage until your flight, please tell me this is so. Also plaining to pack a box of wine in my suitcase for the room will that be a problem. Thanks for any and all advice and sugestions.

There are many threads discussing this subject, I will let you form your own opinion. The following is from NCL's FAQ regarding taking liquor on board.

What can't I bring onboard?

Passenger is not allowed to bring on board the vessel without the previous written permission of the Carrier any intoxicating liquors, or beverages, firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosive substances or any goods of a dangerous nature, nor animals of any kind, except service or guide animals, provided the passenger notifies Carrier prior to the cruise of his intention to bring such animal and agrees to take sole responsibility for any expense, damage, injuries or losses associated with or caused by such animal.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/staticPages.html?pageId=cruise_faq#cantbring

Also plaining to pack a box of wine in my suitcase for the room will that be a problem.

The policy stated and followed by NCL is that you will be charged a $15 per 750 ml bottle corkage fee. If it's in your checked luggage and it's noticed during the X-ray screening, your bag will not be delivered, but will be sent to a special room where you will go claim it, show what is in it, and pay the corkage fee.

The corkage is a written NCL policy and not just something that people say or that some have experienced. The FAQ is accurate, but the "written permission" part is where NCL has written the corkage rules, so you're not breaking the rules by bringing wine onboard. Just expect to pay the fee and keep your receipt if you bring a bottle to the dining room because sometimes they try to charge you a second time.

beachchick

Archived