Carnival Liberty

smeyer418

OMG........my dad and his lady friend are on the ship, on a tour in Limon. Uhhh, he's 73 years old, was in the navy, retired from the US government (civilian, very long term). Darn good physical shape for someone that is 73 years old. If someone tried to rob him, I think he would put them in a head lock, yep I could see that.

Just thought that I would check the Carnival forum for any "news". Found some! Now I think I'm going to have to try to find out more about this.

Any info would be appreciated, if you come across any more.

Concerned, but not too worried,

Everyother

OMG........my dad and his lady friend are on the ship, on a tour in Limon. Uhhh, he's 73 years old, was in the navy, retired from the US government (civilian, very long term). Darn good physical shape for someone that is 73 years old. If someone tried to rob him, I think he would put them in a head lock, yep I could see that.

Just thought that I would check the Carnival forum for any "news". Found some! Now I think I'm going to have to try to find out more about this.

Any info would be appreciated, if you come across any more.

Concerned, but not too worried,

Everyother

Is your dad a Cruise Critic Member?? If not, try to get some info if you can when he returns and post it here for us.

Thanks

We were on the Liberty at Christmas, and a ship passenger was shot while we were there. Not injured too seriously, he was able to continue with the cruise.

Limon is not a pleasant touristy kind of place, its very dirty, and rough- like a real commercial seaport.

I want to know if this senior group was a ship sponsered excursion, or if the 12 seniors had made private arrangements. The article says they were on a "tour bus." But it also says the "tourists drove" the injured thief to the Red Cross. I'm still surprised the CR police let the group leave, I mean you'd think killing someone, even with good cause and in self-defense, would require a ton of red tape and take forever to straighten out.

Archived