Need advice on family cruising

aprilwaters

I will be going on my first cruise April 11th with Hal. I have since promised my kids that I will take them on a cruise (since they will not be going on this one) in june 2008. I am thinking RCI. However, my question is, what would be the cheapest way to go about this as far as cabins etc. At this time they will be 15,11, and 5. Plus my husband and myself. If I get to cabins, then I have to pay full price for each right? eeek, This one is going to be tough. But I will take them

Hi,

We are planning on taking our 5 kids on a cruise next summer too.....we are in Maryland and will likely drive to a Florida port. Anyway, we will have to get two rooms for our crowd. Ideally I would like an OV room and and inside room right across the hall. Your family may be able to be in a family suite. But from what I have read on here, it is great to have two bathrooms.

I have priced two cruises next summer....and the price ranges in price from $6400$7000.....our kids will be 15, 13, 11, 6 and 3......we are debating on leaving our little one with my parents......but then I start to feel guilty.

Good Luck!!

Sandi

One of your kids will not be full price, but 3rd rate. Put it this way, you have 2 full rates in each cabin, then the 3rd gets discounted.

You can do this easily as long as you watch your cruiseline, ship and itinerary.

If you want a lower cost on a ship the kids will love, try a carnival cruise. I was REALLY surprise on our last trip. It was CHEAP and the best cruise we've ever been on.

ALSO, watch the date you go. I just priced out a cruise for a friend of mine and the week of 12/1 and 12/8 is the cheapest time of the year. Then the price doubles the following week.

I was pricing out a 7 day Western carribean cruise which started at $459 for the 1st and 2nd rate...so you could get 2 cabins for $2,000 and add the third child into one of the others ones for a 3rd rate. You could do OV with an inside cabin accross from the OV.

Just keep looking at the cruise web sites for the best deals. You'll be able to get 2 cabins, no problem.

Hi,

We are planning on taking our 5 kids on a cruise next summer too.....we are in Maryland and will likely drive to a Florida port.

Sandi

And God bless ya! We are in PA and I drove ONCE with the kids to a cruise leaving Florida...that was the LAST time too. The kids were angels but the trip was LONG :eek:

Why don't you try going out of Baltimore port or Cape Liberty (NJ) if you really want to drive to a port. :D

Hi Michelle,

Balitmore cruises seem to be so much money.....for an inside it seems they are at least 700.....but who knows....we would love to cruise out of Baltimore and cruise down the Chesapeake. THey actually are not bad car riders....lots of good DVD's always help! WHo knows, the price just needs to be right for out gaggle of kids. :)

Take care,

sandi

Archived